5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep RAM dealer to avoid - Dayton Ohio

myramtrx

Reaction score
As with other forum members, to save them time, expense and the poor experience with a less than truthful dealer.

Avoid Evans Arena Jeep RAM. The ploy - bring you in with a invoice price and if you ask them prior to the trip, is there any other add-ons, packages
or ADM, they tell you no. You then make the trip to find out there is mandatory "already installed" paint, fabric, etc. vaporware for high cost and it
cannot be backed out as it is "installed".

Walk out.

Note - I had sent them email of my bad experience at their dealership. A sleazy manager calls me and offers to send me a "gas card" to help cover
my expense of the wasted trip and time. Weeks go by, no gas card. But that is what i expected. I sent Stellantis my thought on the dealership also.

swing4terps

Reaction score
Posts like this always have me thinking...do manufacturers not want to do this right? Buying a car is one of the most miserable experiences there is. Tech from the stone ages, takes forever, never full transparency, etc.

I've wondered why one of the automakers doesn't partner with Carvana or the like. I'd be more likely to just find something that fits my needs from that manu and know my experience would be headache-free vs. getting my preferred car/truck from a dealership. No reason I shouldn't be able to buy a car from my couch without speaking to a single person other than the delivery driver.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Posts like this always have me thinking...do manufacturers not want to do this right? Buying a car is one of the most miserable experiences there is. Tech from the stone ages, takes forever, never full transparency, etc.

I've wondered why one of the automakers doesn't partner with Carvana or the like. I'd be more likely to just find something that fits my needs from that manu and know my experience would be headache-free vs. getting my preferred car/truck from a dealership. No reason I shouldn't be able to buy a car from my couch without speaking to a single person other than the delivery driver.
IMO, this has at least something to do with why manufacturers are starting to move toward a more custom order-focused model. I think if they can figure out a way to start cutting the dealers out in certain situations, they're going to. They'd obviously keep more of the profits.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is already in place. You can buy your car online and have it delivered to you. Most dealers allow you to go online to their website and buy the car. Only downside is your gonna pay full price, no room to negotiate. Not everyone wants that process though. They want to see the car, drive the car, test the features and negotiate the price. You can't do any of that from your couch.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... No reason I shouldn't be able to buy a car from my couch without speaking to a single person other than the delivery driver.
That's pretty close to how I bought mine - from Winter Haven Florida Dodge etc. dealer - they had the truck closest to what I wanted, in stock, we agreed on price over the phone, I paid (1) high trade-in value on my 2012 Titan (only 32,250 miles), (2) big chunk of cash, and (3) small loan (which I just paid off, from my IRA RMD), and they delivered my 2022 Ram to my door, free.

Delivery driver brought a ream of paperwork but that was it, all in all the easiest new vehicle I've purchased.

Dave

swing4terps

Reaction score
That's pretty close to how I bought mine - from Winter Haven Florida Dodge etc. dealer - they had the truck closest to what I wanted, in stock, we agreed on price over the phone, I paid (1) high trade-in value on my 2012 Titan (only 32,250 miles), (2) big chunk of cash, and (3) small loan (which I just paid off, from my IRA RMD), and they delivered my 2022 Ram to my door, free.

Delivery driver brought a ream of paperwork but that was it, all in all the easiest new vehicle I've purchased.

Dave
Yea I’ve bought two trucks in <3 years, both from out of state dealers. From my experience dealers are very unwilling to talk trade-in estimates over the phone. Either insisting they won’t give one sight unseen or low-balling. It’s tough to negotiate price in either situation.

The first I drove up to see and they ended up coming down on the low-end trade estimate that I finally squeezed out of them. So I left without a deal. Couple days later I decided I still wanted it and agreed on price and that they would deliver truck to me and take my trade. Great except the paperwork they sent was incorrect. They had to send someone back the next day with the corrected.

Second was my Ram. The only trade estimate they would commit to was $4k less than they ultimately gave me. I really wanted the truck so I drove to them. I was at the dealership for four hours (didn’t even test drive), being passed around like a hot potato. Hit DC traffic on the way home. Only to find out a day later the finance person was “misinformed“ on the available incentives and that I could have gotten better. They overnighted me a revised sales contract after I threatened to bring the truck back.

Bottom line: if I can go online to Carmax and enter my trade info and get a legitimate estimate that I can have confidence in assuming I completed accurately; dealers should offer the same.

Further would be completion of all negotiation and financing totally online. It’s possible; I did it refinancing my house. Wish dealers would get on board or be removed from the process.

wvinson

Reaction score
Mark Dodge did all my financing, paperwork, and trade in value of my lease turn online and over the phone. Simplest orprocess of buying or leasing a new vehicle I have ever had. It was amazing. Just drove there, dropped my truck off, signed a few sheets of paper, set up my RAM app, and off I went back home. It was a breeze!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online