5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking good(y) How do you like those VLAND headlights?
I'm happy with them. No issues at all so far, everything works and functions as expected. I do need to adjust the beam pattern because it is pointing high, but aside from that they've been excellent. They are way brighter than the halogens that is certain. I can't speak on how they compare to Morimotos or even the OEM LEDs but I would assume those are superior lights just based on my reading, but given the price point of the VLANDs, I'm quite pleased with their performance so far.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a few shots from this past weekend. The old, rundown and vacant Narcoossee Grocery is a definite eyesore, but it is a well known location in my area. I also took the truck out to one of our local beaches for Labor Day weekend. I didn't manage to grab any photos while we were out there, but I will definitely be back to check that off the list. The beach trip was so much more convenient with the truck. I can't get over how much I'm enjoying it and how much easier it makes things such as hauling a family and all of their beach gear out to the coast and back.

27.jpg

28_b.jpg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice build.. the truck looks great!
Really appreciate it! I'm trying to take a step back and slow down a bit with the upgrades for now lol. An aftermarket exhaust, tonneau cover, and OEM LED tails are some of the next items on the wish list, but I am doing my best to maintain self control! 😄

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Really appreciate it! I'm trying to take a step back and slow down a bit with the upgrades for now lol. An aftermarket exhaust, tonneau cover, and OEM LED tails are some of the next items on the wish list, but I am doing my best to maintain self control! 😄
amen... it never ends!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
10/23/2021
Lasfit Interior LEDs
Infinity Reference dash speakers
Red Wolf Speaker Harnesses

Haven’t had too much going on with the truck lately. I’ve been busy with work and have had some other priorities to take care of, but figured I’d share a couple of small changes I made to the interior. I had enough of the stock halogen map and dome light bulbs in the cab. The light output is trash as I’m sure you all are well aware. I swapped over to the Lasfit LEDs and couldn’t be happier. They are awesome and put out so much more light. I’m really impressed with these and I plan to swap the rest of the interior lights out with Lasfit as soon as I can get around to it. Very happy with this purchase.

41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg

I personally think the factory Alpine system sounds great in my opinion, but I lost count on how many times I have come across the famous Infinity Reference dash speaker swap on here. I figured I would give it a shot since it is rated so highly and is a fairly cheap and easy modification. I swapped all three dash speakers out with these and I must say, they do not disappoint! Very crisp and clear sound out of them. I'm not entirely sure what my long term audio plans are for this truck yet, but I will admit that I am starting to gain a lot of interest in this area. I don't think I'll ever make any serious modifications here, but there is a good chance that I will add an amp and upgraded subwoofers at some point. 38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just a couple more shots that I took from a few weekends ago. This was after washing and coating the truck with Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax. I posted a separate initial review on that product under the detailing section on here if anyone cares to check it out, but I think it is a fantastic product so far.
37.jpg 36.jpg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty stoked on this late night score! I was trying so hard not to drop money on the truck right now and then I stumble on this factory set of BTS seat covers on eBay. The seller stated that they came off of a brand new truck because the buyer wanted to go with custom leather. I couldn’t pass on these given that they are brand new and pretty hard to come by. So here we are lol. I debated tackling the install myself, but have decided to leave it to the professionals to handle.

1F565815-4EED-434B-B22A-958AB1B5D5A1.jpeg F7D46117-79B7-457E-BE3C-EFE97CFE1E36.jpeg 599EBDC7-8D1E-4180-AAB1-C5880857DDF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Hdean1989

Reaction score
Following. I just bought the same truck however and I had a lot of the modifications beforehand. I'm looking to add a brush guard and LED pods to the front. As well as rock lights and potentially an LED bar to the top if I can find a no drill one that won't void the warranty. I'm also looking at upgrading my speakers and the lighting on the interior

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following. I just bought the same truck however and I had a lot of the modifications beforehand. I'm looking to add a brush guard and LED pods to the front. As well as rock lights and potentially an LED bar to the top if I can find a no drill one that won't void the warranty. I'm also looking at upgrading my speakers and the lighting on the interior
I just came across your post in the new member section. Your truck looks really good! Looking forward to seeing the additions you have planned for it!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just dropped the truck off at an auto upholstery shop in my area to have the seat covers installed. They are rated pretty well, and after talking with one of their employees and reviewing some of their work, I decided to let them do the job. They also told me they offer a 5 year warranty behind all of their labor which was another plus. This shop required an upfront deposit. After I put the deposit down, the lady at their front desk made a few unsettling comments about swapping the seat covers. She basically said sometimes the fitment isn't the greatest even when dealing with factory covers. Not liking that statement, I questioned it and the original installer I was working with reassured me that they would be fine and that the seats would look great once complete. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous now, but based on the reviews and examples of their work, I should be fine. I'll update this thread (hopefully with pictures and good news) as soon I pick the truck up.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
10/02/2021
BTS Seat Covers

BTS seat covers are on and the upholstery shop knocked it out of the park. I was a bit worried, but they crushed it just as they said they would. They look amazing! I didn’t hate the factory cloth by any means but these look so much more premium. It adds such a nice touch to the interior. The fact that I purchased these and then had them installed at just at $1k all in is a steal in my opinion. Now I need to spend the weekend getting the interior all cleaned up!

BEFORE:
7D46B954-C1ED-44E8-B233-FA8FC454E7D7.jpeg
6B4524FF-ECB3-4529-A0B7-9B39FAB53895.jpeg AFTER:
F4996054-8AC6-482F-A868-14E764B85FA7.jpeg
56F89955-D77A-4793-9A5E-6E570EA567A8.jpeg
7BAF98FA-0BB3-470F-B73C-D36158059A36.jpeg

Last edited:

popcenator

Reaction score
I'm a little late on the Lasfit light upgrade, but I've had their bulbs in my Rebel and in my '12 and they're awesome. Their customer service is great too. Is it difficult to swap the interior bulbs? I'm thinking I'll do that in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread