5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggiehorn's Build Thread

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a little late on the Lasfit light upgrade, but I've had their bulbs in my Rebel and in my '12 and they're awesome. Their customer service is great too. Is it difficult to swap the interior bulbs? I'm thinking I'll do that in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Not difficult at all to swap. Water Fowler 41 has an awesome tutorial on YouTube. It literally took 15 minutes to do with following along with his video. This was my first experience with Lasfit and I was super impressed. Those bulbs made a huge difference.

popcenator

Reaction score
Not difficult at all to swap. Water Fowler 41 has an awesome tutorial on YouTube. It literally took 15 minutes to do with following along with his video. This was my first experience with Lasfit and I was super impressed. Those bulbs made a huge difference.
I had their switchback turn signals in my '12 and I swapped the third brake bulbs to LED Lasfits, really makes a positive difference.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just dropping some photos that I took this weekend after cleaning the truck up. I think they turned out nice and figured I would share. I finally removed the active air dam and that pesky lower valance after curiosity got the best of me. Obviously it is just my opinion, but I cannot get over how much better the front of the truck looks now. It really cleans up the look and gives the truck a taller appearance overall.

47.jpg
48.jpg 46.jpg

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
11/19/2021
Rexing V1-4K Dash Cam
Hardwire Kit

I wanted to put a dash camera in the truck much earlier on, but finally managed to get around to it. I have a considerable amount of travel coming up in December and decided to make time to knock this out before hitting the road. I opted for the Rexing V1 based on the generally positive reviews. I've got to say that I'm really impressed with it at this price point. This will surely get me by in the meantime but I do plan on upgrading to something more premium down the line. This is only a forward facing and I would like to add a rear camera as well. The app that partners it is subpar in my opinion, but the camera and video quality itself seems to be pretty solid. I need to readjust the viewing angle a bit, but all things considered, this was a quick and easy addition to the truck that could easily pay for itself one day.
52.jpg 51.png

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I'll be traveling quite a bit for work this holiday season. I won't be back home until just before Christmas. I ordered myself the B2 Fabrication Round Muffler and Resonator Delete Kit. It should come in early December and I told my wife to go ahead and wrap it up and throw it under the Christmas tree for me! I've went back and forth on exhausts for far too long and have been so undecisive. I figured I would give this a chance, and if I'm not satisfied, I can always go another route later on. It is so hard to tell from video reviews, but I've listened to hundreds of audio clips and I think this specific setup has the sound that I'm after. Hoping that proves to be accurate.

1637946233753.png

I'll update this thread as soon as I get the install knocked out, but I'll leave this post with a recent shot I took of the Ram. This one might just be the new favorite!

50.jpg

Last edited:

DOGEram

Reaction score
As mentioned above, I'll be traveling quite a bit for work this holiday season. I won't be back home until just before Christmas. I ordered myself the B2 Fabrication Round Muffler and Resonator Delete Kit. It should come in early December and I told my wife to go ahead and wrap it up and throw it under the Christmas tree for me! I've went back and forth on exhausts for far too long and have been so undecisive. I figured I would give this a shot, and if I'm not satisfied, I can always go another route later on. It is so hard to tell from video reviews, but I've listened to hundreds of audio clips and I think this specific setup has the sound that I'm after. Hoping that proves to be accurate.

View attachment 112240

I'll update this thread as soon as I get the install knocked out, but I'll leave this post with a recent shot I took of the Ram. This one might just be the new favorite!

View attachment 112241
Here’s a short clip of my borla S-type. I like it a lot. More of just a fun little burnout lol. (Getting tires tomorrow btw)

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a short clip of my borla S-type. I like it a lot. More of just a fun little burnout lol. (Getting tires tomorrow btw)
Haha love it! I really like the sound of the Borla S-type and that was what I originally planned on going with. Haven’t heard one in person, but the videos I’ve watched always seem like the Stype has a good crisp and clean rumble that is not too overwhelming or raspy. I’m hoping the B2 setup offers the same and I think it will from the few clips I’ve watched. I’m sure I’ll be happy with it but I am hesitant because there is no going back once I make those cuts 😂. At least not from a cost effective standpoint that is.

Domt1775

Reaction score
7/16/2021 – Lift, Wheel, and Tire Install
Price - $750.00

I was fortunate enough to receive a pretty generous performance bonus from my employer, so I decided to take some of those funds and put it towards getting my wheels and lift installed. I honestly wasn’t planning on installing everything so soon, but that opened the opportunity for me to do so. I could not be happier with how this truck sits now. I love the stance.

View attachment 100804

View attachment 100805 View attachment 100806
View attachment 100807
View attachment 100808

7/20/2021 - Rough Country Speedo Calibration
Price - $160.74

This tool was worth every penny. I drove 3 or 4 days without having the speedometer calibrated and instantly noticed a difference after I got the calibration complete. My speedometer is dead on the money and my fuel economy reading on the dash improved considerably now that it is calculating properly. I also noticed an immediate improvement in the shift points of the transmission and the truck no longer feels sluggish at certain RPM ranges. There was some concern if the Rough Country unit would work with the 2021 models and I can confirm that it worked perfectly. I know some claim that it screws with their Park Assist feature on their trucks. I do not have Park Assist on my vehicle so I cannot speak on that aspect, but as a general calibration tool, this unit worked exactly as expected. View attachment 100809

Sick truck- how was the drop in MPGs after the lift? Looking at getting a 4inch BDS with the same wheel tire setup. Just not sure how much I’d like to sacrifice MPGs more than I already do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sick truck- how was the drop in MPGs after the lift? Looking at getting a 4inch BDS with the same wheel tire setup. Just not sure how much I’d like to sacrifice MPGs more than I already do
Thank you! Honestly it is hard to give you an exact amount because I only had the stock setup for about 1200 miles. I do about 80% highway commuting so keep that in mind. Before the lift and wheels, I was averaging about 18-19 combined driving. After having everything installed, I'm now averaging around 15-16 combined on the same commute.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12/22/2021
B2 Round Muffler
B2 Fab Resonator delete kit

Finally was able to get the install knocked out. I was working out of state for nearly a month and couldn’t wait to get back home to tackle this. I’m very pleased with the exhaust sound and quality of this kit. Install was very straight forward, and very simple with the right tools. I’d strongly recommend exhaust hanger pliers for this job as it made easy work of those otherwise difficult hangers. This exhaust gives the truck the rumble that it was desperately missing. The install didn’t take much longer than an hour or two, and I was working at a rather relaxed (and cautious) pace. When I compared the difference in overall muffler sizes, I initially thought I may have made a mistake. I assumed the truck was going to be obnoxiously loud 100% of the time and that is just not the case. This setup is completely daily drivable, and while the cold starts are a bit aggressive, driving around town is not bad whatsoever. The sound is there when you want it to be, but the cab noise is almost comparable to the stock configuration otherwise. I haven’t had too much road time with it yet, but zero regrets at this point.
90CF5C10-9882-4BFA-96ED-2AAAB08645AC.jpeg

Stock muffler and resonators cut out.
A73265C2-5B96-4C7A-84C5-0DF3C28867EE.jpeg

B2 kit installed
AA094C33-E2DE-49DE-BFB7-24EE942EB642.jpeg
D185F640-C0EF-4D4E-8640-596679411DC8.jpeg

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here are a few clips that I put together of the exhaust. Keep in mind that the audio quality does not translate the actual exhaust sound through on this video very well. Unfortunately, my phone camera does a poor job at picking up the low notes of the exhaust. It sounds much clearer in person.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
12/31/2021
AlfaOBD Initial Setup
Security Gateway Bypass Cable
BAFX OBDII Diagnostic Interface

Small victories! Moving forward, I'm planning to start tackling some projects that require the use of AlfaOBD. I've been hesitant in this area because I have never used software like this before, but I knew I had to jump in sooner or later as some of the modifications I have planned down the road are going to need changes made to the vehicle settings. I wanted to start with a small and simple change just so that I could become familiar with how everything works. Like many, my vehicle did not have the tailgate ajar warning enabled so I figured this would be a good way to test the software out. Took all of 5 minutes to do and I now have the indicator on my gauge cluster. I honestly could care less about this feature, I'm just more excited about AlfaOBD in general and the potential opportunities this opens up for the build.

36.jpg
37.jpg

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
12/31/2021
AlfaOBD Initial Setup
Security Gateway Bypass Cable - $21.98
BAFX OBDII Diagnostic Interface - $20.99
AlfaOBD app - $50.00

Small victories! Moving forward, I'm planning to start tackling some projects that require the use of AlfaOBD. I've been hesitant in this area because I have never used software like this before, but I knew I had to jump in sooner or later as some of the modifications I have planned down the road are going to need changes made to the vehicle settings. I wanted to start with a small and simple change just so that I could become familiar with how everything works. Like many, my vehicle did not have the tailgate ajar warning enabled so I figured this would be a good way to test the software out. Took all of 5 minutes to do and I now have the indicator on my gauge cluster. I honestly could care less about this feature, I'm just more excited about AlfaOBD in general and the potential opportunities this opens up for the build.

View attachment 115485
View attachment 115487
Does the tailgate open screen disappear as soon as you shift into reverse or drive?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the tailgate open screen disappear as soon as you shift into reverse or drive?
I did a quick test after activating the setting. I put the tailgate down and started the vehicle and did not have the open tailgate screen come up. The reminder came up as soon as I shifted the truck into drive. I haven't had a chance to really mess with it yet, but I read that the screen will only pop up when you shift into gear. You can clear it off of your screen by pressing the ok button on the steering wheel. Once cleared, the message will not show back up on your gauge cluster unless the vehicle is power cycled. I haven't actually verified this, but will try to test it out this evening.

Last edited:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not going to blow this group up with Spam messages, but I thought I would share for anyone that may be interested in VLAND LED headlights for their 5th gen. I am in no way trying to push a sale on anyone, but if interested, you can take advantage of 10% off of your order with my promo code below.
38.jpg

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! Here is my last Bighorn photo of 2021!
53.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread