5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JBA Shorty Headers with Remflex Gasket Issue

stebo

Reaction score
I recently replaced my stock exhaust manifolds with JBA shorty headers on my 2019 with 5.7L, due to cracked exhaust manifolds. I had purchased Remflex gaskets (p/n 6022) to install, but noticed that the holes in the headers did not match up with the holes in the gaskets. More specifically, there was an extra hole in the header and no hole in the gasket in that position. Instead of trying to drill a hole in the brittle Remflex gasket, I used the gaskets that came with the headers, as I had seen others reporting no leaks after install. Big mistake. A couple months later, I developed leaks on both sides again. A retorque of all the bolts only made a minor improvement. Now my passenger side leak has gotten really bad and it sounds worse than when I had the cracked manifolds.
Has anyone else used the JBA shorties with Remflex gaskets? If so, what did you do? Did you drill a hole in the gasket (risky) or did you just put bolts in the holes that the Remflex gaskets allow? I also just bought ARP bolts and there are only 17 bolts in the pack. I currently have 10 bolts holding on my passenger side header. Do I not need all ten? Thanks for your help, in advance!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like you bought the wrong parts. You should of returned them or contacted the manufacturer to get the correct one.

Users who are viewing this thread