5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacking point

rrjjpp74

Reaction score
This is for the lifted people. Where are you placing the jack on the front end to jack it up? Just curious where everyone is using. It is a pain sometimes, and being winter is getting closer I am about to put my stock wheels and 33' inch winter tires. The PA salt is hell on good wheels.

LunchWagonCA

Reaction score
I want to know too. To raise the front and put it on jack stands. Is there a preferred place up front to raise it with a floor jack safely without causing damage?

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Still surprised they haven’t molded in a jack point on the a-arm. Even on level surfaces the jack likes to slide some and tends to gouge the aluminum arms.

taz2016

Reaction score
What safe floor jack points are there on our 5th gen rams? All of my other recent vehicles had single front and rear points to lift the whole end. Any points like that on the Ram1500?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
One more thing. If you have air suspension, make sure you put the truck in jack-mode first, to prevent it from adjusting as you jack it up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's not asking about where to place jack stands. He is asking about where to place the floor jack when trying to lift the front end. The rear is obvious.

OP, my floor jack has a rubber pad attached to the lift pad, and doesn't cause any damage. I suggest first picking up a similar floor jack. I lift mine by jacking up where the skid plate attaches to the front crossmember. It's not perfect, but it's plenty strong to lift both sides. Sorry, I don't have a pic to attach right now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Pretty sure he's not asking about where to place jack stands. He is asking about where to place the floor jack when trying to lift the front end. The rear is obvious.

OP, my floor jack has a rubber pad attached to the lift pad, and doesn't cause any damage. I suggest first picking up a similar floor jack. I lift mine by jacking up where the skid plate attaches to the front crossmember. It's not perfect, but it's plenty strong to lift both sides. Sorry, I don't have a pic to attach right now.
I misunderstood if that's the case.
Anywhere on the box frame will work. I use a hockey puck to minimize damage.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Block of wood on the floor jack pad and lift from the control arm as close to the ball joint as possible.
No magic here

Reactions: Buz

mr.fusion

Reaction score
I'm looking at the 7000lb quickjack. Wondering if the extended length model makes any difference. I think the standard SLX model is probably fine, and it's $300 cheaper.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm looking at the 7000lb quickjack. Wondering if the extended length model makes any difference. I think the standard SLX model is probably fine, and it's $300 cheaper.

The extended on may not work on all your vehicles, I know it wont on my car or my wife's car.
The 5000 series you can find at Costco on sale occasionally, I got it for $859. The 5000 should be fine as my truck is 5200lbs so 200 lbs over the rating but QJ has tested it to higher weights and has a built in safety margin

Not my picture, from QJ review site
original.jpg

Last edited:

mr.fusion

Reaction score
Costco has a the 5000 on sale next month. I wish they would do a sale on the 7000. I think either one would be ok, although they absolutely will not say it's ok, for legal reasons. I did find one comment in a review of the 7000.... that a guy was using it with his 9000# truck (didn't realize at first) and said it worked fine and didn't seem strained to lift it any more than his small car.

Total

Reaction score
I bought the 7000 from costco website a couple month ago when it was on sale. Right now costco website got the 7000 for $1400 or the bundle for $1700 (jack + wall hooks + truck extension). The bundle didn't exist when I bought mine otherwise I would definitely order the bundle. Costco is the place to buy quickjack as it's much cheaper than anywhere else even without sale.

downsc123

Reaction score
Old thread, I know. I would like to place the entire truck on 4 jack stands like in post 7. I plan to lift the rear from the factory lifting tab on each side and place a jack stand under the axle on each side of the differential. For the front, I plant to lift from the middle of the lower control arm (at the bottom of the U if you will) and place a jack stand under each lower control arm rear point (which is the factory jack point). Anyone see any flaws with this or have better ideas or better yet any good pics. Thanks.

umang2004

Reaction score

Hi, I was looking to lift the front of mine up soon, do you happen to have a picture where you placed your floor jack? and where to place the stands? Thanks

Reaction score
I have a QUICK JACK BL-5000SLX, I'd need the truck extensions for it though. I'll likely use it when I need to lift the truck
Hello BowDown,
Can you please tell me what the dimensions of the square bottoms of the truck extensions are? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread