5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've been missing here, glad to be back.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
WOW, I've had the worst of luck with my MacBook Pro, and my 2009 HP windows based laptop, and is mostly worthless. I don't think I'll be going back to Best Buy for computer work, they messed up my MacBook claiming it was due to it's age. They set it up with Google Chrome without my permission, that was supposed to go on my HP. In a nut shell, I was worried about Viruses and Malware, so I had it checked by Best Buy and that was where it all started. I had to drive to Nashville, an hour drive to an Apple store, within 5 minutes it was restored back to factory configuration. On top of that, when I finally decided to have the MacBook restored back to factory settings, Best Buy screwed that up and they could not reload the OS onto the MacBook. Right after I turned in the MacBook, I dropped my iPhone from my Harley doing 70 mph in the dark of night and lost all of my phone data. I learned a quick lesson about the iCloud, I never liked my info in someone else's server. The backup was in my MacBook and so I lost al the data that was up to date from the iPhone. Lucky for me (the only good break on this dilemma) I had a memory drive with all the music backed up on that from 2020 and I was able to restore my music into the iPhone and MacBook. There are other files I'm going to leave in the drive, but I was able to get back my music. I now believe in the cloud, as long as its Apple iCloud.

I'm going to be servicing my drive line and need recommendations on the viscosity and type of oil required for the differentials and transfer case. My favorite brands are Valvoline and Mobil one. I'll be driving over 3K miles in a month and I want to change the oils before the trip. I did buy my 2020 1500 used at 29K miles and I already had the dealer service that trans even though its first service is due at 50K miles. My dash showed 16K miles towing when I bought it, so I had the trans serviced. Just to put it out there, I won't be using Amzoil, even though it has a good reputation, I don't like the cost. The two brands I mentioned, have worked well for me over the years, but I'm keeping an open mind about other opinions.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Owners manuals are a free download, and have all that info. They all take different fluids, even front and rear diffs are different.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Ya, I just found this out. Mobilfluid LT is apparently hard to find in quart sizes, and mine has the 4WD auto function transfer case 48-11. The Anti Spin Differential option should be the limited slip per the owners manual, and the rear axle with the 3:21 ratio, which mine has, is 75W-90 with additive, while the front is 75W-85. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread