5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Looks Like The Ram 1500 Will Get New Tech For 2021:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Trailer steering LMAO I’d rather have 1hp than that useless thing. Had one on a Ford never used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Interesting. I don’t tow so I’m not sure how useful that would be.
Guess it’s one of those “nice to have” just in case, specially for those without much experience backing up trailers.

Boston

Reaction score
Guess it’s one of those “nice to have” just in case, specially for those without much experience backing up trailers.

It’s useless if you don’t have the special sticker on the trailer that the system uses to track it.

JustMe

Reaction score
The truck is still too new for that kind of upgrade to happen.
Uconnect 5 will likely just be as buggy as the current system
Hey . . . New Bugs Old Bugs, what's not to like ? Everybody's got Bugs ! Word on the street is "The 5's" got ALL the "latest goodies" and it won't cost you that 2nd arm or Leg more . . . just a big chunk of one of your ****-cheeks ! :rolleyes: :) .

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The question is when do they switch to 21's and UConnect 5? August? September?
That's the $64,000 question... I'd hope they would do it for 2021 model year, but who knows.

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow when the 2021 F-150 is unveiled.
Leaks point to huge >12" (and Sync4, which will have OTA updates, etc.), as well as all-digital gauge cluster.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the wiring is already there for a cargo cam that would be most excellent. This is one upgrade that will be on my short list left to do once it is available.

Paultg

Reaction score
The question is when do they switch to 21's and UConnect 5? August? September?
You can order 2020 through Aug. Not sure how quickly they switch over after that date, and I assume it must depend on how many 2020 orders need to be completed at the factories after that date.

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score

Well first you have to measure the trailer hitch and hopefully you have enough room to place this special tape that the camera can read. Hint I never had enough room for the tape on any trailer.

Boston

Reaction score

If it’s like Ford’s system, you have to have a sticker on the trailer for it to work.
Useless unless you tow the same trailer all the time

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well first you have to measure the trailer hitch and hopefully you have enough room to place this special tape that the camera can read. Hint I never had enough room for the tape on any trailer.

The backup camera and zoom ( you know you can hit the plus and zoom in on the hitch? ) make trailering super easy. If you have the air suspension you can even drop, get under receiver and lift truck and snatch the trailer super easy. Then you just got to lock it and plug up your lights and chains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/