5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It Looks Like The Ram 1500 Will Get New Tech For 2021:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
It will be nice if we can replace our third brake light with the one mentioned here. It would involve another camera line being run to the uconnect, but I wonder how difficult it would be to update the software to recognize the additional camera.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

YellowSled

Reaction score
It will be nice if we can replace our third brake light with the one mentioned here. It would involve another camera line being run to the uconnect, but I wonder how difficult it would be to update the software to recognize the additional camera.

That would be super nice

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Thumbs up on the cargo bed cam.

I don’t think that you would be able to install the new one due to the camera

you can exchange the bulbs back there with LEDs now. Bought mine on Amazon, came with two white and two red (you only need one red)

Boston

Reaction score
That passenger side camera should be used like on so many Honda’s. To see traffic in the blind spot while barely turning your head. Much better than BSM activated every time you use the right turn signal.

Last edited:

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Apparently the Tazer DT can enable that functionality for you, where it turns on your camera when you turn on your signal. I bought one from another forum member and that is one of the features I am most exited about.
I assume that this article was point out that you can get 360 cam on towing mirrors specifically, because 360 was already available for normal mirros.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Crossing fingers that they will switch to UConnect 5 to tie it all together :)
An all digital dash cluster like the upcoming F150 would be sweet as well...

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The camera line is already there on most trucks I've seen. Seems to be part of the standard harness.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Crossing fingers that they will switch to UConnect 5 to tie it all together :)
An all digital dash cluster like the upcoming F150 would be sweet as well...
The truck is still too new for that kind of upgrade to happen.
Uconnect 5 will likely just be as buggy as the current system

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree to an extent, but pickup trucks are FCA’s best selling vehicles.
If the Pacifica will have UConnect 5 (they‘ve announced at the unveiling that it will), I would hope that their top selling vehicles will have the latest and greatest tech as well.

ktl5005

Reaction score
Agree to an extent, but pickup trucks are FCA’s best selling vehicles.
If the Pacifica will have UConnect 5 (they‘ve announced at the unveiling that it will), I would hope that their top selling vehicles will have the latest and greatest tech as well.
It will. It’s supposed to get it but I’m sure the bugs will be a lot in the system. It’s run on Android. Ever own anAndroid phone? Made me go back to Apple.

Cudapower

Reaction score
I hope they are not missing the basics that really irritate owners. I personally know two ford sales due to not having POWER FOLD TOWING MIRRORS ON A 1500. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I hope they are not missing the basics that really irritate owners. I personally know two ford sales due to not having POWER FOLD TOWING MIRRORS ON A 1500. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
They should be fine.
The power folding mirrors on the 2500/3500s have the same features that the regular mirrors on the 1500s.
A buddy of mine has a 2020 2500. 360 camera and power folding work w/o issues.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
The camera line is already there on most trucks I've seen. Seems to be part of the standard harness.

Going through the instructions for my Tazer DT, it lists the following. Considering the camera line is already there, this might just be a plug and play mod.

Vehicle Settings:
- Enable/Disable Cargo Camera input*
* Use of extra video inputs requires wiring video source(s) to radio. Special adapter harness
required, sold separately. Some features are included yet not fully tested as the platform is so
new.

Users who are viewing this thread