5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with radio and steering wheel controls after today's update

Apeman

Reaction score
Pulled into work this morning and a software update popped up. I set it for a couple hours later and went inside. Came out tonight and it said updated. I start driving and the music would play for 4 seconds and pause for 2. Constantly. On everything - satellite, cd,usb and bluetooth. The buttons on the back of the steering wheel weren't working properly either. I stopped and shut the truck off. Opened the door to kill the radio and then restarted it. It kept doing it all the way home. I shut the truck off again waiting a little longer to start it and this time it seemed to not do it. I'm still not too familiar with this system. I bought the truck used 4 weeks ago. Haven't had any other weird issues with it.

Two separate times the radio has frozen on me too. The music kept playing but I couldn't change stations or volume. It wouldn't turn off either. Then a minute or two later it would turn off. When I turned it back on it worked fine.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had my radio cut in and out for my drive home from work but the next day it went back to normal and hasn't done it again . That was 1 1/2 years ago . No idea what caused it or why it's never done it again .

Users who are viewing this thread