5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with adding ventilated option on limited seats installed in Bighorn 1500

BerrierTJ28

Reaction score
Question for anyone that has installed OEM heated/ventilated seats in a bighorn. I found a set of limited seats and installed them. I upgraded my climate controller from a Laramie the has the physical ventilated buttons. I previously had just the heated seats and heated steering wheel buttons. Purchased an OBDGenie to program my 8.4 Uconnect. Now I have the physical buttons and the digital buttons for the ventilated seats. When I push any of them, I just get a beep but they won’t turn on. The heated seats work but for some reason the ventilated seats will not turn on. Any help is appreciated. Hoping it is something simple I missed.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Question for anyone that has installed OEM heated/ventilated seats in a bighorn. I found a set of limited seats and installed them. I upgraded my climate controller from a Laramie the has the physical ventilated buttons. I previously had just the heated seats and heated steering wheel buttons. Purchased an OBDGenie to program my 8.4 Uconnect. Now I have the physical buttons and the digital buttons for the ventilated seats. When I push any of them, I just get a beep but they won’t turn on. The heated seats work but for some reason the ventilated seats will not turn on. Any help is appreciated. Hoping it is something simple I missed.
Search it. I just saw this yesterday checking various threads. The did say something about a heat/cool module under I think passenger seat. They also would not work until both seats were converted, because his question was before adding second seat.

BerrierTJ28

Reaction score
Search it. I just saw this yesterday checking various threads. The did say something about a heat/cool module under I think passenger seat. They also would not work until both seats were converted, because his question was before adding second seat.
I believe I read that too. I already have both seats installed and connected. The passenger seat has the heated/ventilated module and the driver seat has it with the seat memory module.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe I read that too. I already have both seats installed and connected. The passenger seat has the heated/ventilated module and the driver seat has it with the seat memory module.
If nobody else comes up with an answer, search for that thread, and contact OP.

brental1

Reaction score
I'm considering a similar swap. But with the information I've found so far; I need a lot more wires to be added to my yellow under seat connectors. Did you add wires; or did your truck already have all you needed? Can you provide detail? Thanks.

brental1

Reaction score
I'm facing the same situation. Swapping Laramie seats into 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group. I'm going to have to add at least 15 wires to make the seats work. Fortunately, I got the complete cabin wiring harness from the donor truck. I have questions about the Memory seat. What/how did you do the switch on the door for the memory setting? Does it require a different door panel? Also, what about the wiring for the memory switch? Does it require a different door harness? Thanks, Brent

brental1

Reaction score
This is not yet complete; but so far, I've identified that I need to add these wires. Did you have to do the same? Any guidance? Thanks, Brent

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-05-12 080601.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online