5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues Only Arise with Mirroring On

ADK Ram

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 Rebel 12. Love the touch screen, but after a few weeks, the 12" radio started doing some really weird ****. USBs functioning and not functioning, CarPlay disconnecting, bluetooth disconnecting, then the backup camera was gone.

I decided to turn off mirroring, and everything works fine. 100%. So apparently, my radio doesn't like CarPlay for some reason. I can turn it back on, and it works for a while, but then these crazy issues start popping back up again until I turn device mirroring off.

Has anyone else been able to narrow down their issues to mirroring only? It's crazy.

VictoriaFarm

Reaction score
Have not seen this. Sounds like a dealership visit is warranted. Would make sure that the problem is happening at the time you take it in.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So I have a 2019 Rebel 12. Love the touch screen, but after a few weeks, the 12" radio started doing some really weird ****. USBs functioning and not functioning, CarPlay disconnecting, bluetooth disconnecting, then the backup camera was gone.

I decided to turn off mirroring, and everything works fine. 100%. So apparently, my radio doesn't like CarPlay for some reason. I can turn it back on, and it works for a while, but then these crazy issues start popping back up again until I turn device mirroring off.

Has anyone else been able to narrow down their issues to mirroring only? It's crazy.
It may need a software update on the UConnect side. What's your build date btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/