5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues after windshield tint 2022 Limited

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I had my windshield tinted with nano ceramic last week. A little history.....I got my 22 Limited on Labor Day weekend 2022, I had the tint done on the windshield soon after, but I made sure to cover the BCM under the dash with some microfiber towels at that time. The guy who tinted it did work for Ram/Chrysler dealers for years, so he knows what he is doing, but I wanted the extra insurance after hearing horror stories. Afterwards, I didn't notice any dampness on the towels, so it seemed not much liquid got down there.

Ok, so last week I had to have the tint done a second time after I had to replace the windshield due to a rock striking it. I neglected to put any protection on the BCM as I assumed it would not be an issue. While he was applying the tint, I noticed at one moment, the rear dome lamp was flickering. I got a little worried. On the drive home, no issues. I went out later on that day and my climate control shut off on it's own. I got home and cycled the ignition and it came back on and has not been a problem since. However, the next morning on the way to work, I noticed the outside temp indicator in both the dash and radio unit were reading only 58F, I am in Phoenix, so at 5am it was well north of 90F. After the truck sat in the heat all day, when I left for home, the temp read 111F. I thought it was ok. Once I started driving the temp reading dropped to the 80's when it was about 106 out. The other issue I notice is that when I get in the truck and start the engine, I have to push the start button twice for it to start the engine. I always remember only having to push it once.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? I am thinking something was corrupted in the BCM.

irishwake63

Reaction score
I dont think its related mine started doing this too in FL at lunch it was saying 77 deg and its in the 90s I think it has to do with the update for the Uconnect

irishwake63

Reaction score
from what Ive been reading everytime they do an update something gets screwed up bout time they replaced their QA dept

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Known issues tinting windshields when they get water on the BCM.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
When my truck would cut off after throwing a no bus code I always had to hit the start button twice to make it start now that you mention this. It’s at the dealership currently for 2 weeks trying to figure out my issues still though

Rivy.Ram33

Reaction score
Known issues tinting windshields when they get water on the BCM.
Yes so I've heard. I just had my 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie tinted this past Saturday. The tint shop owner called me to tell me the job is done but when he tried to move the truck outside, there were some lights on in the cluster. When I went to pick up the truck, first thing I noticed was that my AMP research powersteps didn't deploy when I opened the door (weird). Then I saw the "Service ABS and ECS" lights were on. When I got home I just parked the truck and left it to deal with the next day (Sunday). Sunday morning came, and I grabbed my fob and clicked to open and nothing happened. No horn or unlock happened, so I grabbed the physical key and open the door and the truck was completely dead. Figured the truck's battery was due for a change and I went to buy a new one. When I intalled the new one, the AMP steps still won't deploy correctly, ABS, ECS, and Left tail light not working (when indeed it is). Also, my XM Sirius app is gone and I can't reconnect.

I read on some forums of cruise control not working and if the BCM was fried, I'd have alot more issues going off. I tried unplugging everything after disconnecting the battery and letting it dry (last night). Plugged everything back up and connected the battery this morning and still same issues. Also the Oil service indicator shows 100%, which I know it wasn't there. If anyone knows of any other troubleshooting methods please let me know. I have the AMP toggle switch installed as well, and that works when i manually deploy the steps but still won't work when I open the doors. AND checked all fuses as well. Any help is appreciated, thinking of taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning and see.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Yes so I've heard. I just had my 2021 RAM 1500 Laramie tinted this past Saturday. The tint shop owner called me to tell me the job is done but when he tried to move the truck outside, there were some lights on in the cluster. When I went to pick up the truck, first thing I noticed was that my AMP research powersteps didn't deploy when I opened the door (weird). Then I saw the "Service ABS and ECS" lights were on. When I got home I just parked the truck and left it to deal with the next day (Sunday). Sunday morning came, and I grabbed my fob and clicked to open and nothing happened. No horn or unlock happened, so I grabbed the physical key and open the door and the truck was completely dead. Figured the truck's battery was due for a change and I went to buy a new one. When I intalled the new one, the AMP steps still won't deploy correctly, ABS, ECS, and Left tail light not working (when indeed it is). Also, my XM Sirius app is gone and I can't reconnect.

I read on some forums of cruise control not working and if the BCM was fried, I'd have alot more issues going off. I tried unplugging everything after disconnecting the battery and letting it dry (last night). Plugged everything back up and connected the battery this morning and still same issues. Also the Oil service indicator shows 100%, which I know it wasn't there. If anyone knows of any other troubleshooting methods please let me know. I have the AMP toggle switch installed as well, and that works when i manually deploy the steps but still won't work when I open the doors. AND checked all fuses as well. Any help is appreciated, thinking of taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning and see.
Yep, sounds like they got water on the BCM and fried it. Good luck.

Rivy.Ram33

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I had my windshield tinted with nano ceramic last week. A little history.....I got my 22 Limited on Labor Day weekend 2022, I had the tint done on the windshield soon after, but I made sure to cover the BCM under the dash with some microfiber towels at that time. The guy who tinted it did work for Ram/Chrysler dealers for years, so he knows what he is doing, but I wanted the extra insurance after hearing horror stories. Afterwards, I didn't notice any dampness on the towels, so it seemed not much liquid got down there.

Ok, so last week I had to have the tint done a second time after I had to replace the windshield due to a rock striking it. I neglected to put any protection on the BCM as I assumed it would not be an issue. While he was applying the tint, I noticed at one moment, the rear dome lamp was flickering. I got a little worried. On the drive home, no issues. I went out later on that day and my climate control shut off on it's own. I got home and cycled the ignition and it came back on and has not been a problem since. However, the next morning on the way to work, I noticed the outside temp indicator in both the dash and radio unit were reading only 58F, I am in Phoenix, so at 5am it was well north of 90F. After the truck sat in the heat all day, when I left for home, the temp read 111F. I thought it was ok. Once I started driving the temp reading dropped to the 80's when it was about 106 out. The other issue I notice is that when I get in the truck and start the engine, I have to push the start button twice for it to start the engine. I always remember only having to push it once.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? I am thinking something was corrupted in the BCM.
Hey brother. Did you get this issue resolved? Let me know. Thanks

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
Hey brother. Did you get this issue resolved? Let me know. Thanks
Yes, it took a few days and a reset of the BCM with my diag tool. Everything eventually started working again.

Users who are viewing this thread