5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues after LED interior bulb install

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having some weird issues after installing LED interior bulbs and cargo lights from FyreFlys. After install I started noticing intermittent issues like key fob not responding, key fob not detected and also push button start on truck is delayed. Even the instrument cluster was delayed on start up which was weird. Do you think this is directly related to the LED bulbs or could this be another issues? Mind you there are no error codes, check engine lights etc. (I did change battery on key fob, still same issue)

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm having some weird issues after installing LED interior bulbs and cargo lights from FyreFlys. After install I started noticing intermittent issues like key fob not responding, key fob not detected and also push button start on truck is delayed. Even the instrument cluster was delayed on start up which was weird. Do you think this is directly related to the LED bulbs or could this be another issues? Mind you there are no error codes, check engine lights etc. (I did change battery on key fob, still same issue)
the LEDs are almost 100% your issue. Some LED's have circuitry that emits RF. The RF they are emitting is interfering with the RF hub in your truck. The hub is what detects your keyfob and allows you to start the truck.

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I contacted seller but he denied any claim that his LEDs were causing my issues. I will get a refund asap. What brand LEDs would you guys recommend?

JHRebel

Reaction score
It’s the LEDs, main reason I haven’t done that “upgrade” yet

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! I contacted seller but he denied any claim that his LEDs were causing my issues. I will get a refund asap. What brand LEDs would you guys recommend?
Hit up this guy, he did a full interior and apparently doesn't have issues.

deanfx

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and check out diodedynamics.com I've been using them in my last few vehicles. No issues. They are a little more expensive. And, I'm not affiliated.

deanfx

Reaction score
Would we need the LED resistors for our Rams?
We were talking about interior LED swap. I used no resistors. As far as the exterior I think you might depending on if the light blinks or brightens. If you search their site with your truck loaded up in the search parameters then I'm pretty sure it tells you what's required.

Konrad

Reaction score
So it's been days since I uninstalled the FyreFly LEDs and reverted back to stock halogen interior lights. I can confirm that they were the cause of my issues. My truck is back to normal. I will try Diode Dynamics LEDs next.

Just for the record - your regular interior bulbs are not halogen. Incandescent, but not halogen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread