5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues after jump start

Briggs

Reaction score
Got my truck a fee weeks ago, love it mostly. But has anyone had issues similar to mine?

Battery dead, so I jump started it. After jump a few warnings are on( e stability control/trailer control) AND my truck won't shift out of first gear.

I let it sit for 30 mins and restarted it (no jump needed) and the same sensors warnings came on and it still won't shift out of 1st gear. Trying to figure out how to get it to the dealer.
Thank you for any help!
Am I hearing that these trucks will not operate with a weak battery or after inadvertently running the battery low? If so, that is a HUGE oversight by FCA engineers! If you have a dead battery, you can't just jump start it and drive away like any other vehicle ever made??? I know that all vehicles have their quirks and personalities, but this is just absurd.
I know I’m late to the party but hopefully this may help someone out in the future. After a very frustrating time trying to get my 2014 ram 1500 to unlock itself from park after jumping off my dead battery. I found that if you let the truck run for awhile to charge the battery cut the truck off and let it sit for a few minutes until the computer has completely cut off meaning all lights are off. Crank the truck back on and it should or at least it did for me let you engage the transmission and allow you to drive.

Hope this helps someone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online