5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues After Installing Electric Brake Controller

spurlee06

Reaction score
I install the brake controller kit if bought off of eBay last night and I was going to go to the dealer to have them flash the computer to active it. After I finished I went to back the truck out of my garage and the steering wheel controls did not work, the wiper stayed on, the 8.4 inch screen turned on but none of the other controls lit up like the climate controls and the the tow/haul and front and rear sensor buttons. Is this all because I unhooked the battery to install the controller or is there something else I need to look at?

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I thought somewhere on here somebody had same issue.

Smon

Reaction score
Mine took over 24 hours to come back to normal after pulling the battery cable.

spurlee06

Reaction score
When I got back home from work it still did not work. I took if for a trip around the block but it didn't help.

spurlee06

Reaction score
Hopefully I found the issue. 15 amp fuse for Mod ICS Switch / Mod HVAC CTRL / Sw Bank Upper / Sw EPB / Mod Control Steering was blown.

Cableline01

Reaction score
You will need to update the body control module. Like using an app like Alphaobd and a security bypass cable.

Users who are viewing this thread