5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issue with morimoto xb hybrids.

WRS087

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to upgrade my lights to a nicer setup and ended up going with the morimoto xb hybrid lights. I got them yesterday and was so excited to get them in. I got them installed and fired them up and they looked pretty good looking at the truck. Then I went to look at the cut off and was disappointed to see the passenger side was tilted counter clockwise 5-10 degrees. I know they picture I post will have the 2 beams at different levels but this is to clearly show what I’m talking about. You will see how the driver side lines up straight with the lines on the garage door. On top of that it seems that there are very bright hot spots and not a uniform coverage.

This is not the results I saw from other people having the lights.

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the lights with the same results.

Any ideas? I’m potentially wanting to return them but I think the company I bought them from is going to give me issues.

91aa96390db0e9699a47dc3073e02c7c.jpg

00cdeeb3fc6a4329a98cb34d81069281.jpg

ddcab88ea3c042be04cbfad193d12816.jpg

88c23b86bc46f13d8d1e1047cbdc5bc7.jpg

b2f797f94e5f2d57fc8946a67afa5732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There will be a screw adjustment on them. Just like the Oem Lights. Move one up and one down to even then out.

silver billet

Reaction score
Looks pretty normal to me except you need to vertically align both the left and the right. Each side has that drop off which is clearly visible, that is by design so that you don't blind oncoming traffic (so the left side of each light drops down).

The rest of that looks just like mine.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they tilt a little bit when being adjusted up/down... Align it with the other projector and then see if it's tilted still...
BTW: Do they come with LED Bulbs or did you use your own? This is a great beam pattern!!!

WRS087

Reaction score
There will be a screw adjustment on them. Just like the Oem Lights. Move one up and one down to even then out.

Yeah I leveled that way for the pic. I’m trying to point out that the passenger side sits at an angle and the driver side does not.

WRS087

Reaction score
Maybe they tilt a little bit when being adjusted up/down... Align it with the other projector and then see if it's tilted still...
BTW: Do they come with LED Bulbs or did you use your own? This is a great beam pattern!!!

Everything is built in except you use your existing halogen turn signal bulb. I changed mine to an led bulb.

It does tilt slightly but the lines on both lights are on different angles

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Everything is built in except you use your existing halogen turn signal bulb. I changed mine to an led bulb.

It does tilt slightly but the lines on both lights are on different angles

Align the passenger one with the driver one and post a picture please...

WRS087

Reaction score
Looks pretty normal to me except you need to vertically align both the left and the right. Each side has that drop off which is clearly visible, that is by design so that you don't blind oncoming traffic (so the left side of each light drops down).

The rest of that looks just like mine.

Thanks for the reply. I know it’s supposed to have a dip down but I’m referring to the angle of the over all line on the passenger side only. It is tilted to the left, not the drop down part

Ldc2335

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I know it’s supposed to have a dip down but I’m referring to the angle of the over all line on the passenger side only. It is tilted to the left, not the drop down part

You're not crazy and that would also drive me nuts. If they are not adjustable, I'd seek a replacement. Those are not cheap.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

silver billet

Reaction score
My passenger is angled down that way as well (not just notched, but also sloping down), but once you vertically match them it doesn't look wrong/out of place. And to be honest it's only the sort of thing you see when staring at them in front of a solid reflective wall, when you're out driving it just looks normal.

It really doesn't bother me; I'm more bothered by the very sharp cut in light output (in general) as you go from the center of the output and look up; 1 inch there is tons of light, then the next inch above that it's completely dark. It took me a bit to get over that, which is generally how LEDs are designed to function to avoid blinding people but it means that if you don't have them aligned properly you either get no light up in front of your truck (too far down) or you end up seering the eyeballs of oncoming traffic (too far up)... and the difference it takes to adjust between "no light" and "seering eyeballs" is literally minuscule, I'm still not 100% certain if they're set right.

I do have mixed feelings about them, but if you're not happy definitely send them back, they're too pricey to be permanently unhappy with.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
The slight angle is normal for lights on taller trucks, to keep the light from blinding oncoming drivers. That cutoff looks incredible, though! Much cleaner than the OEM LEDs I have. Your post is making me want to pick up a set now.

silver billet

Reaction score
The slight angle is normal for lights on taller trucks, to keep the light from blinding oncoming drivers. That cutoff looks incredible, though! Much cleaner than the OEM LEDs I have. Your post is making me want to pick up a set now.

Honesty it depends; with my halogens, there is less of a cutoff, so the light stretched further down the road. Even though it was weaker light, it's still helpful. I'd prefer to have that with LEDs too, a very strong hot spot is nice, but I want more "weaker light" further up high. When you drive up/down a hilly road with these, it can get terrifying not seeing more than 20 feet ahead of you; it's just a giant black void.

Users who are viewing this thread