5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is vibration an issue with the 2020-2021 Rebel?

Bitwise

Reaction score
I was extremely close to pulling the trigger on a 2020-2021 Rebel within the next month or so until I stumbled upon this thread in the General Discussion:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/slight-vibration.6551/

Is this an issue with the Rebel? It seems to be pretty common with no known solution. It's common enough to potentially scare me away.

Last edited:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just make sure to fully test drive the truck you are potentially buying. 99% of the time it's the tires that cause vibrations

Bitwise

Reaction score
Just make sure to fully test drive the truck you are potentially buying. 99% of the time it's the tires that cause vibrations
That's the kicker. According to the people in that thread with the issue, they've balanced tires, changed tires multiple times, done alignments, etc. and nothing seems to fix it.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have over 20K miles on my Rebel and on my third tire rotation...

The only thing I could perceive being called vibration that I've experienced is from the tire tread pattern, making sharp turns at lower speeds. You can "feel" the tread blocks on the pavement. Very slightly... jussst enough to know it's happening. Certainly the result of the aggressive nature of the Duratracs and probably similar AT tires.

Around town and on the highway, my truck is smooth as silk... and impressively so. The Duratracs are buzzy/noisy but I don't sense any undue vibration at all. This is just my experience and 2 cents.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Don't read too much into it. Only a small fraction of vehicles owners come to a forum, of that small fraction people usually come to complain. Just take a proper test drive, back road, highway, etc. These trucks do not have a systemic vibration problem. Questionable A/C performance and leaking third brake light on the other hand...

SamRebel2020

Reaction score
2020 Rebel with 11K miles. No vibration experienced at any speed fortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SDRebel2021

Reaction score
2021 Rebel - over 3K miles. No vibration issues whatsoever.

DeckArtist

Reaction score
4900 miles and no extra vibrations...very smooth. I even like the tires and the feel of them on the road.

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I am only at 500 miles on my 2021 Rebel but I am so impressed how smooth and quiet the truck is on the highway at speed. I barely hear the tires. My 2013 4Runner seemed so loud comparatively with K02s and Falken AT3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread