5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is turtle wax back?

Cajun_

Reaction score
Turtle wax may be good again. From the look of these products they aren't just meeting or coming close to technology that other brands have had for a few years but they are actually improving and producing some unique products. Ill be trying their interior and tire products soon. Going to swap out my dads tin of wax with the fancy ceramic graphene paste wax as well. Anyone else tempted to give them a try.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am really impressed by the hybrid ceramic spray lasts about 4 months before needing a new coat (parked outside) reapplying as soon as I noticed a lowered amount of water beading. Washing it every 2-3 weeks

rotts4u

Reaction score
Yes the new stuff is pretty good. Compared to the stuff they have been making 10 years ago its a huge step up

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Super happy with their new stuff the last couple of years. As mentioned, their Hybrid Ceramic spray wax is well regarded and love using it. You can use it on all exterior surfaces, including plastic, rubber, plastic lenses and glass. But works amazing on paint! I may wait 2 months before I wash my truck, and it still beads up amazing even though it was 4 months since I last applied it!

I've been using their Zip Wash for over a decade. Allows me to wash my truck even in the summer sun, the soap drying on the surface. But it rinses right off with a nice sheeting action leaving no water spots.

Vilas15

Reaction score
The Ice seal n shine is what started it all. Stuff is more durable than lots of more expensive coatings. I use that plus the ice spray wax and have no reason to spend any more on their "better" products.

Cajun_

Reaction score

Review of the new window cleaner and interior cleaner. Leaves everything clean and not glossy.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just replying that they are the best bang for the buck for sure.

Good products and good people. Pan the Organizer on YouTube has lots of videos testing the products.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Turtle wax may be good again. From the look of these products they aren't just meeting or coming close to technology that other brands have had for a few years but they are actually improving and producing some unique products. Ill be trying their interior and tire products soon. Going to swap out my dads tin of wax with the fancy ceramic graphene paste wax as well. Anyone else tempted to give them a try.

I was surprised when I picked my truck up the other day from the detailed and I asked what he used and he said TurtleWax. He showed me this:
BA6DED00-7973-40C4-BE49-A718A0400907.jpeg He said after the wash and decon, he sprayed 1-2 sprays per panel, wiped it on and then rinsed it off. Followed it up with some Koch Chemie SOo2. That combo made the granite crystal stand out.

Im ordering a bottle to test out for myself.

Cajun_

Reaction score
I was surprised when I picked my truck up the other day from the detailed and I asked what he used and he said TurtleWax. He showed me this:
View attachment 114094 He said after the wash and decon, he sprayed 1-2 sprays per panel, wiped it on and then rinsed it off. Followed it up with some Koch Chemie SOo2. That combo made the granite crystal stand out.

Im ordering a bottle to test out for myself.
Ive been testing that stuff on my moms BMW. so far so good.

Dewey

Reaction score
I bought a few bottles of the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray coating for $10 each on sale and very impressed by the results at such a small cost. Excellent product for the money. My paint looks even better than the day I picked my truck up even with GlassCoat applied by the dealer. Seemed like after a few months that application wasn’t doing anything anymore. Interested to see how long the Turtle Wax lasts.

BCEF822D-7F64-43F2-83B0-9EEBE9C16BA9.jpeg
2A7E514A-0A58-469D-8A24-0120DE0967FB.jpeg

Last edited:

CMil527

Reaction score
I've recently purchased a few of their products and i'm very happy with them.

Bob.

Reaction score
I just used the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax, that works nice. Very easy to apply. After you wash the truck spray it on, rinse it off. I like modern science.

Mo381

Reaction score
Another vote for the Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic spray, been using it for about 8 months on several different vehicles and it works great! Beads, well lasts for several months and makes the surface very slick.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread