5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This What The Upcoming Ram 1500 BEV Will Look Like?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Is This What The Upcoming Ram 1500 BEV Will Look Like?​

Digital Artist "The Sketch Monkey" Takes His Shot At The Next Ram 1500...​

1653352429825.png

In February, Ram officially announced its plans to build an all-electric Ram half-ton pickup: the Ram 1500 BEV. Since then, we have been treated to a few teaser images of a conceptual version of the truck that is scheduled to appear sometime later this year. Ram will use customer feedback to bring their production version of the truck to market in 2024.

The BEV (battery-electric vehicle) will be joined by a Range Electric Paradigm Breaker (REPB) version, which should have a small internal combustion engine (ICE) to act as a generator to recharge the batteries and get rid of range anxiety for those having the hard time to convert to electric.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looks like an updated version of the Rebel. Way better looking than the Chevy and Ford. Glad to see that at least.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Well, we aren't getting the mid-cycle refresh until the end of 2022 as a 2023 model year, however the BEV won't come out until 2024 model year.

But based on that, I think we will see a BEV RAM more in the likes of a Silverado EV than a F150 Lighting. That is it will look less like the 1500 gas version it will be sold with.

I suspect the regular 1500 RAMs will have your standard front & rear facelifts, probably some different wheel options and likely the Hurricane 3.0L added as an option. The BEV will be completely separate, different design altogether, unlike the F150 Lighting which looks very similar to a gas version.

Nice artist rendering, but it's basically a TRX photo with headlights from a Stellantis teaser image.

Last edited:

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, we aren't getting the mid-cycle refresh until the end of 2022 as a 2023 model year, however the BEV won't come out until 2024 model year.

But based on that, I think we will see a BEV RAM more in the likes of a Silverado EV than a F150 Lighting. That is it will look less like the 1500 gas version it will be sold with.

I suspect the regular 1500 RAMs will have your standard front & rear facelifts, probably some different wheel options and likely the Hurricane 3.0L added as an option. The BEV will be completely separate, different design altogether, unlike the F150 Lighting which looks very similar to a gas version.

Nice artist rendering, but it's basically a TRX photo with headlights from a Stellantis teaser image.
I much prefer Ford's approach to styling over GM. Hopefully Stellantis is taking notes from the former rather than the latter.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I much prefer Ford's approach to styling over GM. Hopefully Stellantis is taking notes from the former rather than the latter.
Based on the “conceptual sketches,” it looks like Ram is taking a route more similar to GM than Ford. That is, unibody vs BOF, the same Avalanche-like buttresses at the cab/bed juncture, etc.

Edit: fortunately, I was wrong about unibody.

1653407393186.png

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t RAM already say the first BEV will be based on the current platform?
It seems you’re right. I thought it’d be unibody based on the buttress (for lack of a better term), and I thought the guy in the video said unibody, but actually (at about the 11 minute mark), he says body on frame.

So I take back what I said.

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It seems your right. I thought it’d be unibody based on the buttress (for lack of a better term), and I thought the guy in the video said unibody, but actually (at about the 11 minute mark), he says body on frame.

So I take back what I said.
Honestly, it’s great news for retrofitting 20 years from now when regular unleaded is something crazy like $15-20/gal. I really hope that doesn’t happen in my lifetime though.

dale3742

Reaction score
I sure would like to see what this mid-cycle refresh is really going to look like. Any news on when Ram will release info and pictures ?

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I suspect RAM is going to push it as long as they can to discourage people in the market from waiting. They will need to sell their 2022 inventory, and the longer they wait the less incentives they will likely need to move 2022 models.

This market is tight, but RAM currently has the most truck supply of the big 3, GM and Ford really suffering with production while RAM has been doing pretty good.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect RAM is going to push it as long as they can to discourage people in the market from waiting. They will need to sell their 2022 inventory, and the longer they wait the less incentives they will likely need to move 2022 models.

This market is tight, but RAM currently has the most truck supply of the big 3, GM and Ford really suffering with production while RAM has been doing pretty good.
Yep, and I wonder how Stellantis managed to keep supply ahead of others during the shortages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/