5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this real life?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
??? Buy now! Those are full length as well

chuckd2017

Reaction score
I'm selling these...is the other pic not showing where someone messaged me wanting to buy my whole truck for 150?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
So typical. I unloaded my old Jeep Cherokee cheap after buying the Ram. I put it on Facebook for $1700. I was deluged with messages that said, "I'll give you $1000 right now" within ten minutes!

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My son just sold his '97 Cobra. Luckily he found a serious buyer within 2 days. But he still had to deal with:
-Neighbor's stepdad who insisted he'd buy it (before my son listed it on FB), just needed a couple days. Gave him a week. No further communication, so he listed it.
-1 no-show that said they were a serious buyer (and he left work early to accommodate them)
-Ridiculous trade offers
-Half price 'CASH NOW' low ballers (some of which were quite persistent and hilarious)
-And people wanting to make payments.

All for a 5k car. :rolleyes::poop: Glad he sold it quickly.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Love when they make an offer, and say “I’ll pay cash”
Did they think you wanted fish?
You’d be surprised how often this works. As a buyer, I feel a little bad for someone when they light up at a cash offer because they’re (1) desperate to get the money and/or (2) wanting to avoid banks (i.e. cashing a check).

Chuck19

Reaction score
Well I have a true story that happened to one of my close friends. This was before the internet was mainstream so while he was looking through the paper he saw FOR SALE used 1997 Porsche GT2 Turbo. Low miles priced to sell must see! So he called and the lady was very nice but wouldn’t tell him the price but told him it would be a deal you can’t pass up! So he figured why not and went down and took a look. As he was driving to the address she gave him he knew once he got to the gated entrance and based on the houses and area this was the real deal and a whole new level of money! When he pulled in with his beat up S10 pickup he said to his dad (who went with him) maybe we should turn around and go home I don’t have the money for this and they are going to be mad when they realize it. But his dad convinced him to follow through because you would regret it if you didn’t. Well It was exactly as she described and after looking it over and test driving it he said so what are you asking? She told him to make an offer. He said he really didn’t have the money for it and was just intrigued by the ad and his call to her and just wanted to see what it was like to drive a Porsche! And any offer he made would be insulting. She told him that the Porsche was her soon to be ex husbands and it was in her name but didn’t want him to get it in the settlement. So you might be surprised how flexible I am on the price. Well he wasn’t even in the market for a car and didn’t really have much extra cash to spend on something like this. So he thanked her for her time and said even though your flexible on the price really what I could offer would be insulting to you and embarrassing to me. He then turned away and he said she grabbed his arm and gave him this look and said no really PLEASE make me an offer. So he turned around looked at the car and looked at her and said all I would be able to offer and like I said this is embarrassing but I can offer you $1000. Without hesitation she said sounds fair to me, let’s go inside and I will get you the title! He wrote her a check got the title and keys and was off! He couldn’t believe it! The bad part of the story was he couldn’t afford to keep it very long because of the maintenance costs and insurance but he enjoyed it for a few months and sold it for a huge profit! To this day he loves telling this story

So it’s rare but you never know when a deal to good to be true is actually true!

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FB Marketplace is trash. I only use it when I can't sell it on other sites, or I really don't want to deal with shipping. Even craigslist is better. FB is when you want to get visibility and hopefully find the right person. I've spent so much time arguing with people that I just ignore them now. "I'm going to report you, we had a verbal agreement." It says in the listing that it's first come, first serve, and you wanted me to wait 5 days without a deposit. No thanks.

chuckd2017

Reaction score
Well I have a true story that happened to one of my close friends. This was before the internet was mainstream so while he was looking through the paper he saw FOR SALE used 1997 Porsche GT2 Turbo. Low miles priced to sell must see! So he called and the lady was very nice but wouldn’t tell him the price but told him it would be a deal you can’t pass up! So he figured why not and went down and took a look. As he was driving to the address she gave him he knew once he got to the gated entrance and based on the houses and area this was the real deal and a whole new level of money! When he pulled in with his beat up S10 pickup he said to his dad (who went with him) maybe we should turn around and go home I don’t have the money for this and they are going to be mad when they realize it. But his dad convinced him to follow through because you would regret it if you didn’t. Well It was exactly as she described and after looking it over and test driving it he said so what are you asking? She told him to make an offer. He said he really didn’t have the money for it and was just intrigued by the ad and his call to her and just wanted to see what it was like to drive a Porsche! And any offer he made would be insulting. She told him that the Porsche was her soon to be ex husbands and it was in her name but didn’t want him to get it in the settlement. So you might be surprised how flexible I am on the price. Well he wasn’t even in the market for a car and didn’t really have much extra cash to spend on something like this. So he thanked her for her time and said even though your flexible on the price really what I could offer would be insulting to you and embarrassing to me. He then turned away and he said she grabbed his arm and gave him this look and said no really PLEASE make me an offer. So he turned around looked at the car and looked at her and said all I would be able to offer and like I said this is embarrassing but I can offer you $1000. Without hesitation she said sounds fair to me, let’s go inside and I will get you the title! He wrote her a check got the title and keys and was off! He couldn’t believe it! The bad part of the story was he couldn’t afford to keep it very long because of the maintenance costs and insurance but he enjoyed it for a few months and sold it for a huge profit! To this day he loves telling this story

So it’s rare but you never know when a deal to good to be true is actually true!
I have heard similar stories. Sadly, none of my own to tell that wild.

Rhombus

Reaction score
Put my OEM Bighorn wheels on OfferUp for $600. Guy offered me $75 each as “ that’s near what“ he sells them for. I said no, I’d give them to Goodwill first. He asked which one? I told him they weren’t stupid enough to sell them for $75 each either. I sold them 2 hours later for $500 total. Still a little low, but I got cash money and moved on. Some people on these sites are beyond annoying.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just tell people like that "Sure no problem, meet me at some location in 15 minutes" and then block their number.

People like that really do ruin online selling.

Users who are viewing this thread