5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this quote reasonable? (Bilstein 5100 and UCA install)

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Hey All--

I went to a shop to get a quote on leveling my 2020 Rebel (non air ride). I already have the parts (a set of Bilstein 5100 and Readylift UCA) so the quote is shop time only. Quote from the shop was $772 including alignment. Is this reasonable or should I continue shopping around? Appreciate the input.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems high …. Should be about 3 or 4 hrs labor + alignment …. So $400 min … $600 max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had Bilstein struts and shocks installed plus an alignment for $530. ($330 in labor / $200 for alignment) this was at a custom shop. I’d keep looking.

MechEng

Reaction score
I had my 6112 and 5160s installed and aligned for $495 otd. if keep looking.

L a r r y

Reaction score
I paid $350 for 5100 install on all four corners. I did not need to do UCA's, as there is still enough clearance and I didn't change that UCA angle that much to need to change them. That price also include the alignment. I am in North Texas

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had Bilstein struts and shocks installed plus an alignment for $530. ($330 in labor / $200 for alignment) this was at a custom shop. I’d keep looking.

That alignment seems insane, the highest I've ever been quoted for a front alignment on a level/lift is $65. That being said, the labor quote seems cheap.

I've been quoted $550 for labor and alignment pretty consistently, which closely matches your quote as well. I guess they are just moving the money around to what they want to charge, so probably the same thing in reality. We both end up in the same place lol.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I was quoted $220 to install bilstein 5100s at Off Road Warehouse - so I decided to do it myself. I can’t imagine an UCA would add much at all since you already have it half way off just to do the Bilsteins. Alignment was $160. So $380+UCA I’m guessing around $450 OTD tops? This was in San Diego, Ca. which I’m sure is higher than other places in the country too.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
600 bucks will buy you the tools, pizza, and beer for you and your buds to DIY. It's a very straightforward install. An alignment afterwards will run you 60-80 bucks.

Last edited:

NoOtherHobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I'll check other shops in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread