5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this oil filter ok? Need answer ASAP

Reaction score
Is this oil filter ok? I dont remember the previous one being so narrow but this threaded in fine. I need anaswers ASAP because my truck is half in half out of my garage and i wo 20221231_195732.jpg uld like to be able to drive it to a friends house for new years ASAP.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this oil filter ok? I dont remember the previous one being so narrow but this threaded in fine. I need anaswers ASAP because my truck is half in half out of my garage and i wo View attachment 147506 uld like to be able to drive it to a friends house for new years ASAP.
If it's not leaking, and builds oil pressure it will be fine. Looks like a factory size filter.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Factory filters are really thin on the 1500s.

I use the STR filter, can also get a longer but harder to fit filters like K&N.

The factory filter looks like something for an old import car.

Jake2544

Reaction score
I just changed mine and it looks the same, it’s quite a bit smaller than the previous hemi oil filters.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The MO339 factory filter is small, like half the size of my Ford Ranger for example. But I've seen some rather tiny filters on big engines these days.

I will say, I've had 3 Blackstone Oil Analysis on my truck with these small filters, and it has shown outstanding filtering results.

Nothing wrong with fitting the larger filters, but based on my results and my truck spends a lot of time in dusty conditions, I think the factory filter is doing just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread