5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal?

Kramersp

Reaction score
So with my stop/start turned OFF and the engine is running. I am stopped and my tach hits 0.

Attachments

• 20181127_152631.jpg
    20181127_152631.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 81

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say that is not normal. seems like it never actually turned off

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
If the engine is still running, That would NOT be normal.

I would guess it might be a software glitch in the Speedometer probably telling it your Engine shut off but it actually didn't, Is your Tach runing okay when you're moving?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even with Start/Stop off, the eTorque still acts as a regenerative brake. This may not be related to what you are seeing but under certain conditions when braking moderately, the eTorque electric motor will haul thr engine all the way down to 0 RPM. Once the truck is dead still, the engine will feel like it relaxes with a slight shutter then stop (Start/Stop enabled). I'm guessing it's the torque converter unlocking which decouple the motor from the transmission while the brakes are held on. I haven't tried to do this with Start/Stop off.

So, yes, I've seen the engine go all the way to 0 RPM without it idling then shut off. Its hard to brake intentionally to see this. Anyone notice this?

Kramersp

Reaction score
This was occurring while the start stop was turned OFF. It would happen as I come to a stop. Engine was running and RPM shows 0. When I put it in neutral, the rpm would show normal idle speed.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I've noticed this a few times myself while stopped at a light. Truck never turned off and oil pressure gauge was showing normal pressure. Once I pulled away, the tach moved as normal. It is almost like the gauges were told start stop engaged even though it didn't. I'm leaning towards a software glitch.

Chris85

Reaction score
Good, I am not crazy. I noticed this for the first time about a week ago. I came to a stop on a slight hill at a traffic light and just happened to be looking down at the Tach. The tach slowely went from around 600 rpm to nothing even though the start stop was shut off. The engine however was still running. Hopefully there will be some sort of update to correct this. Definitely shouldn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread