5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Combo HOA/Neighborhood friendly?

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Borla Touring + AFE catted LT'LT'S

Figure touring wouldn't be too loud and while they're weekend toys, neighbor's do have muscle cars and Harley's.

Gonna have my CAI installed before that, so that's an additional factor. Figure Touring isn't the loudest and that combo would push it up to S type levels.

Anyone with experience, please feel free to chime in, and thanks in advance IMG_20190823_190853.jpg

* Just showing what kinda neighborhood I live in and how close I am to the neighbors

Last edited:

George Bednar

Reaction score

Figure touring wouldn't be too loud and while they're weekend toys, neighbor's do have muscle cars and Harley's.

Gonna have my CAI installed before that, so that's an additional factor. Figure Touring isn't the loudest and that combo would push it up to S type levels.

Anyone with experience, please feel free to chime in, and thanks in advance View attachment 39946
I am not sure about HOA's, but I am sure that I appreciate seeing you displaying the American flag. Our house was finished being built six years ago. I quickly installed a flag pole in the side front yard so I could fly our great flag. I am the only person in our sub-division with the flag pole. Makes me wonder.....

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I am not sure about HOA's, but I am sure that I appreciate seeing you displaying the American flag. Our house was finished being built six years ago. I quickly installed a flag pole in the side front yard so I could fly our great flag. I am the only person in our sub-division with the flag pole. Makes me wonder.....

I immediately grab it if I see it fell onto the ground, and if it's gonna rain, I leave it inside, do whatever I can ya know

Just need something to keep the two parts together, as it does come off from time to time.

Side note, which should I get first, Borla or AFE?

George Bednar

Reaction score
I immediately grab it if I see it fell onto the ground, and if it's gonna rain, I leave it inside, do whatever I can ya know

Just need something to keep the two parts together, as it does come off from time to time.

Side note, which should I get first, Borla or AFE?

I appreciate your efforts and flag etiquette.

Could you drill and tap a hole in the holder and use a thumb screw to secure it?

I would have the Borla is I didn't leave my residence for work each morning at 4:15.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I appreciate your efforts and flag etiquette.

Could you drill and tap a hole in the holder and use a thumb screw to secure it?

I would have the Borla is I didn't leave my residence for work each morning at 4:15.

Thanks, and gotcha

Sure that me leaving later in the day would lend itself to most of the neighbors not minding, plus I'm not the only V8 truck on the block (Tundra, F250's, Silverodriguez, etc.)

Side note, next month is the lighting installs, can't wait. Rock, tailgate bar and interior, now to figure out my suspension, but that's another thread for another time

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Some of my neighbors have pretty loud exhausts...people get used to it providing they don't rev all the time. I wouldn't worry so much if you were just doing the Borla; but the Long Tubes can really wake things up. More importantly, however, is that you may want to reconsider how you park and go nose in rather than backing in. If you back in, the sound will probably be amplified by the exhaust's close proximity to the house.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Some of my neighbors have pretty loud exhausts...people get used to it providing they don't rev all the time. I wouldn't worry so much if you were just doing the Borla; but the Long Tubes can really wake things up. More importantly, however, is that you may want to reconsider how you park and go nose in rather than backing in. If you back in, the sound will probably be amplified by the exhaust's close proximity to the house.

Always back in or face forward, spent 2 months as a lot attendant (story for another time) and been doing it ever since.

Someone once said it'd be S type level loud with the full exhaust there, but you're suggesting it's louder huh?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If that’s the combo you want just do it, plus you said you leave later in the day so I wouldn’t worry about it.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score

Anyone with experience, please feel free to chime in, and thanks in advance View attachment 39946

* Just showing what kinda neighborhood I live in and how close I am to the neighbors
If your cars are loud then you will probably annoy the neighbors a little bit. They should be able to tolerate it just fine however UNLESSS they have a small baby trying to sleep a lot. In that case, the mother of the baby might get very upset with the noise. Ask me how I know.

Users who are viewing this thread