5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this blend door issues or something else?

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
So my 1500 has a notorious habit of getting condensation where the defrost setting would normally blow. But this is with the dash or dash/floor mix selected. it looks like cold air is coming out of the defrost vents and causing moisture to condensate outside of the glass. Anyone?

BlackLoneStarHemi

Reaction score
So my 1500 has a notorious habit of getting condensation where the defrost setting would normally blow. But this is with the dash or dash/floor mix selected. it looks like cold air is coming out of the defrost vents and causing moisture to condensate outside of the glass. Anyone?
Mine does the same thing. I posted a pic of it a while back. Dealer tried to fix it but it still happens

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every car I have ever owned does this....and that's alot of cars. ;). It's just the temp. on the inside vs. the outside and the humidity. Applying a higher temp. for a minute will balance it with the outside temp. and get rid of that condensation.

I'm from Pa, where the weather throws you every extreme so I just think it as normal. With the last 2 years seeing a climate shift, people are getting to see different conditions.

Oh, and from left field, this method works great for sweaty toilet pipes too. ;). Inject a little warm water into the line and condensation is solved.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Interesting. my 2011 1500 never did it. Just see people talking about AC problems and blend doors and so forth.. wondering how many other folks had seen this.

RPeezy

Reaction score
Interesting. my 2011 1500 never did it. Just see people talking about AC problems and blend doors and so forth.. wondering how many other folks had seen this.

It is common, probably everyone. I have never had an issue with this on previous vehicles either, unless the vent was pointed right at the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread