5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this an interior light? What is this!? Front Map/Reading Light

m.hamner

Reaction score
All, super dumb question, but what is this? I thought it would be a light, but you can see the light just above it. Nothing I do can get it to turn on, so I'm not convinced it's a light, although it sure looks like it could be! And here's the manual. Not illuminating as to what it might be. (pun intended) IMG_6988.jpeg Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 8.53.09 PM.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All, super dumb question, but what is this? I thought it would be a light, but you can see the light just above it. Nothing I do can get it to turn on, so I'm not convinced it's a light, although it sure looks like it could be! And here's the manual. Not illuminating as to what it might be. (pun intended) View attachment 156881 View attachment 156882
Your dome light button isn't showing the LED for being on. Try pushing that. Also, if you push the door button it should come one when you open doors

m.hamner

Reaction score
Thanks, but the dome light doesn't illuminate that large area (with the vertical fins). However what it *does* do is illuminate the small light right below the one that's on, roughly the same size as the one illuminated in the picture.
Your dome light button isn't showing the LED for being on. Try pushing that. Also, if you push the door button it should come one when you open doors

gpbst3

Reaction score
In the 4 years I have owned my truck that section has never illuminated. Im curious as to its function.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
RED : MAP LIGHT
BLUE : DOME LIGHT (Actually lights up both RED and BLUE)
AMBER : Not a light at all, just chrome reflector - in my rig .. I have multiple LED Advanced, blah blah blah packages.

1682265979856.png

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, verified mine last night's that section doesn't light up. Might be a good place for some custom accent color LEDs.

Users who are viewing this thread