5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a possibilty?

Rplante3108

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been reading up on the mopar 2 inch lift and it is something I am going to be moving forward on. Would it be possible to use the motofab 2.5 tophat spacer with the fox shocks? Or is this a stupid idea? I have been reading on the issue with the preloaded spacer and thinking outside the box maybe. I'm not a master mechanic suspension guru either, but please indulge me!!!

Rustin5

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Been reading up on the mopar 2 inch lift and it is something I am going to be moving forward on. Would it be possible to use the motofab 2.5 tophat spacer with the fox shocks? Or is this a stupid idea? I have been reading on the issue with the preloaded spacer and thinking outside the box maybe. I'm not a master mechanic suspension guru either, but please indulge me!!!
No you would essentially have 4.5” inches of lift in the front with no differential drop. Anything over 3.5” requires that. As for the rear the fox shocks do not provide any lift so you can use them with any set up, stock up to a 2” lift in the rear

Rplante3108

Reaction score
No you would essentially have 4.5” inches of lift in the front with no differential drop. Anything over 3.5” requires that. As for the rear the fox shocks do not provide any lift so you can use them with any set up, stock up to a 2” lift in the rear
Hey Rustin5, greatly appreciated sir! I have the RC ones now...the preloaded and it's not bad honestly. Just trying to get a feel for peoples set ups and each one is different.

Rustin5

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Hey Rustin5, greatly appreciated sir! I have the RC ones now...the preloaded and it's not bad honestly. Just trying to get a feel for peoples set ups and each one is different.
no problem. You could do a smaller top hat spacer with the fox struts but a 2.5” One would be too much. The fox struts from the Mopar lift use the preload method to lift the truck just for your knowledge. I used ORP springs in combination with the fox struts and TSB spacer to achieve ~3.5” in the front on mine. If you wanted a little bit more height I would recommend waiting for a complete coil over to come out by icon, king, fox, bilstein,etc for the kind of money you’ll spend on the Mopar lift

KidCutti

Reaction score

no problem. You could do a smaller top hat spacer with the fox struts but a 2.5” One would be too much. The fox struts from the Mopar lift use the preload method to lift the truck just for your knowledge. I used ORP springs in combination with the fox struts and TSB spacer to achieve ~3.5” in the front on mine. If you wanted a little bit more height I would recommend waiting for a complete coil over to come out by icon, king, fox, bilstein,etc for the kind of money you’ll spend on the Mopar lift
How’s the ride quality with the ORP springs in combination w/ the mopar lift? I have the mopar lift and I am considering doing the ORP springs up front to level. Also do you know the part number for those spings? Dealership was about 0% helpful. Thank you.

Rustin5

Reaction score
How’s the ride quality with the ORP springs in combination w/ the mopar lift? I have the mopar lift and I am considering doing the ORP springs up front to level. Also do you know the part number for those spings? Dealership was about 0% helpful. Thank you.
I installed springs and Mopar lift at the same time so I can’t compare it to the Mopar lift alone. I think the ride is fine, a little stiffer than the top hat leveling kit I had before but I am perfectly satisfied with it. In my opinion you will never have the stock ride if you lift your truck and add heavier off road tires so I think some peoples expectations are unrealistic. With that being said if you want the extra inch from the springs go for it

Attachments

• E5B85BD4-B182-454F-B627-E599D210A431.png
    E5B85BD4-B182-454F-B627-E599D210A431.png
    497.4 KB · Views: 29

KidCutti

Reaction score
I installed springs and Mopar lift at the same time so I can’t compare it to the Mopar lift alone. I think the ride is fine, a little stiffer than the top hat leveling kit I had before but I am perfectly satisfied with it. In my opinion you will never have the stock ride if you lift your truck and add heavier off road tires so I think some peoples expectations are unrealistic. With that being said if you want the extra inch from the springs go for it
Thank you for the info! You went up and beyond the call of duty and you are a hero here. Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving brotha

Rustin5

Reaction score
Thank you for the info! You went up and beyond the call of duty and you are a hero here. Hope you are having a good Thanksgiving brotha
Of course glad I could help! Thank you happy thanksgiving to you as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online