5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a good deal??? 2019 bighorn

Cuppedup

Reaction score
I found a used 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn, 5.7L Hemi. Crew cab with 6.5’ bed, 4x4. 21K miles. Listed at dealership for $33,7XX.

I’m not sure what packages it comes with, but it has painted bumpers so I’m assuming it has the sport package with bucket seats and I’m sure other packages as well. I’ve included some pictures of the interior and maybe some of you might be able to spot some of the packages.
Is this a good price or should I negotiate down, and what would be a better price to shoot for? This is located halfway across the US from me so it would be a road trip back!
9773BC71-BD1A-4212-B60B-46244AA29408.png 9167CE11-E57D-4EA8-8888-B951A4DDF3A0.png 52132887-7376-4F80-95FD-13B2E1D8B854.png

Cuppedup

Reaction score
From what I saw it had the north edition, bighorn level 2, and preferred package?

Cuppedup

Reaction score
Is there a difference between the sport and the north ?

chuckd2017

Reaction score
From the deals i looked at when on my search, seems reasonable. Id be more comfortable around 29,500ish though. All they can do is say No? But then again, i enjoy haggling the dealers and salesfolks.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Look up the window sticker or build sheet by the VIN# and you'll know exactly what it has. Type your VIN after the = sign.

That's what I was going to recommend!
Update:
The truck wasn't hard to find using google image search. Here's the window sticker. North Edition and Level 2 https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C6SRFMT3KN799663

Build sheet

Last edited:

Cuppedup

Reaction score
I just searched for MPG threads and it sounds most people are getting pretty crummy MPG...15-16 combined. (I know it’s a full size truck), but still. I test drove a 2020 Sierra and the readout on the freeway was bouncing between 20-21 the entire time.

K9cop

Reaction score
I just searched for MPG threads and it sounds most people are getting pretty crummy MPG...15-16 combined. (I know it’s a full size truck), but still. I test drove a 2020 Sierra and the readout on the freeway was bouncing between 20-21 the entire time.
Combined and freeway miles isn't a fair comparison. I get 20-22 freeway and only about 15-17 city.

Sent from my OnePlus 7t using Tapatalk

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
I think the price is average at best. You should be able to get a new truck for 13K to 15K off MSRP. Also, the truck posted has a clean carfax. However, based on the only picture posted of the front end, I have a sneaky suspicion it's had body work to the front. I would inspect the front end thoroughly, for body work.

Look at where the grille meets the bumper, and where the trim pieces meet the bumper. There's some significant misalignment, from the left and right sides of the truck.

7edc685003bf34a7367c23e828b9bc2fx.jpg

BigD

Reaction score
Personally I'd just go buy a brand new one for $40k. It will only make about a $50/mo difference in your payment. I'm done buying used. Who knows if the first owner beat it, or if it's had problems & that's why the person got rid of it.

Cuppedup

Reaction score
Dealer says it was a service vehicle used to take customers “to and from” as well as used by employees. Never mentioned any accidents

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Dealer says it was a service vehicle used to take customers “to and from” as well as used by employees. Never mentioned any accidents

And, you trust the dealer?

Carfax shows a loan/lien reported, when it was originally sold. Why would a service vehicle have a loan on it?
Carfax does show it as a corporate vehicle.

Last edited:

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I was wondering how a North Edition ended up in Arkansas. I thought they were limited to New England?

But if it was that an employee crunched the front end and they fixed it in house, that could be the clean carfax. Maybe it was just the bumper. Maybe more. But it is pretty obvious.

Maybe offer to buy a local service writer lunch if he plugs that VIN in and sees what work has been done and where? Might even say where it was sold originally.

BigD

Reaction score
I wouldn't even chance it. Sounds like a p.o.s. Go to your local dealer & get exactly what u want new. Trust me, u won't regret it. We are talking only another $5k to get the exact truck u want brand new. I looked at 2019's with under 20,000 miles on them , but decided it wasn't worth it. Only save a few grand & then your warranty is up in about 1 year. By the time u factor in the cost of an extended warranty, u might as well buy new for the same price practically.

GARebel19

Reaction score
A dealer vehicle that was beat on by employees is how I would read that. It is a good looking, nicely equipped truck though.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I found a used 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn, 5.7L Hemi. Crew cab with 6.5’ bed, 4x4. 21K miles. Listed at dealership for $33,7XX.

I’m not sure what packages it comes with, but it has painted bumpers so I’m assuming it has the sport package with bucket seats and I’m sure other packages as well. I’ve included some pictures of the interior and maybe some of you might be able to spot some of the packages.
Is this a good price or should I negotiate down, and what would be a better price to shoot for? This is located halfway across the US from me so it would be a road trip back!
View attachment 56195 View attachment 56196 View attachment 56197
Personally I would not drive I halfway across the country for that truck, i probably wouldn't even drive to the next state....when buying used local is really the only way to go in my opinion..

There definitely are, "success stories on here where somebody drove or even have flown a 1000+ miles and got the truck of their dreams" with no hiccups but sadly those stories are rare and few & far between ( And more often than not on a brand new vehicle : )

Cuppedup

Reaction score
He said earlier it was available. I asked via email about collisions or front end repair and he ignored the questions. I sent another email and his response “the vehicle was in such perfect condition we just sold it”. Sounds shady to me.

Users who are viewing this thread