5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there one that works best with no issues

IzzysAuto

Reaction score
Trying to decide which throttle enhancer to buy. Did a search and have been reading for an hour still could not find a particular favorite. I have owned a Pedal Commander on a 2016 Ford Lariat F-150 5.0 and I loved it. What is the general one that everyone likes and has no problems with on a 5.7 with E-Torque.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've not had any issues with my Pedal Commander.

TNrover

Reaction score
I bought the Pedal Monster from Banks. I really like it when it works, but half the time it has an error when I start the truck and doesn't work. I have also had errors while driving where my throttle would get stuck accelerating slowly and truck would throw all kinds of warning codes. Had to pull over and unhook it to be able to get home. I really had high hopes based on a lot of good reviews, but it is going back to Banks. I may try the Pedal Commander next.

Sent from my KFMAWI using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
I bought the Pedal Monster from Banks. I really like it when it works, but half the time it has an error when I start the truck and doesn't work. I have also had errors while driving where my throttle would get stuck accelerating slowly and truck would throw all kinds of warning codes. Had to pull over and unhook it to be able to get home. I really had high hopes based on a lot of good reviews, but it is going back to Banks. I may try the Pedal Commander next.

Never had an issue with my Pedal Commander. But, I have seen others with issues.

IzzysAuto

Reaction score
Looks like I will go back with another Pedal Commander. Crazy question if I tune this truck later on will it be redundant to have both a tuner and throttle enhancer.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Looks like I will go back with another Pedal Commander. Crazy question if I tune this truck later on will it be redundant to have both a tuner and throttle enhancer.
No, I don't think so. I've seen people who run the Pulsar with it. You are modifying the throttle signal before it gets to the computer.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Dang that’s crazy! I was kicking myself for getting Pedal Commander instead of Banks because my PC malfunctioned once, but after reading this I guess they all have the potential for issues. I might put mine back on once I install my 37s. Depends on how sluggish the truck becomes!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you get a tune, the throttle sensitivity can be adjusted there so a pedal commander and such would be redundant

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
I use a Pulsar and a throttle controller. It might be somewhat redundant, but it really gives you a lot of ability to dial in throttle response to your preference. I enjoy having both.

Gozar

Reaction score
Pedal Commander, been happy with it and great customer service the one time I needed them.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This isn't supposed to happen with the Banks unit. the reason they wanted to use a different power source was to avoid that problem and if they were detected it would failsafe over and drive like normal. Have you reached out to them at all?

TNrover

Reaction score
This isn't supposed to happen with the Banks unit. the reason they wanted to use a different power source was to avoid that problem and if they were detected it would failsafe over and drive like normal. Have you reached out to them at all?
Actually I called them yesterday and they are sending me another unit. There must be some hardware issue with the one I have. They want to trouble shoot it to see what's going on. I will say they have been very willing to help. I will see how the replacement unit performs.

Users who are viewing this thread