5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any way to get the old foldout rear floor system in the 2019 Ram?

Daddio

Reaction score
That worked great with my medium-sized dog in the back. I made a filler cover for the cup holder and she had the ability to walk, sit, and lie around safely. She wasn't so high she would have flown over the console, just enough to get her head above it.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The new truck has a flat floor, the fold out floor in the 4th Gen was for the rise in the floor.

So, I am not sure what you are planning to make flat, unless you have the underseat storage...which I don't know much about...but would think there would be a way to remove...but maybe not.

If you have a truck, or are interested in a particular trim, please fill out your signature as it makes it easier to assist with questions.

Thank you. Let us know more specifics.

Daddio

Reaction score
The new truck has a flat floor, the fold out floor in the 4th Gen was for the rise in the floor.

So, I am not sure what you are planning to make flat, unless you have the underseat storage...which I don't know much about...but would think there would be a way to remove...but maybe not.

If you have a truck, or are interested in a particular trim, please fill out your signature as it makes it easier to assist with questions.

Thank you. Let us know more specifics.

devildodge, I now have a 2019 1500 crew cab, Laramie, Sport. The fold out floor in my 2015 raised the rear floor height by a few inches. This let my dog see out the front window by looking over the console. She could also get her head above the rear doors to see out the windows. Today was her first ride in the new truck and she whined a lot, not being able to see outside. I know, first world problems. I was just hoping that, even though the floor lost the middle hump, I could still get the foldout and have it fit the 2019 floor. I'm thinking I'll have to fabricate something.
One other thing: The fold out floor left some convenient space underneath for smaller, short and long things. It was easy to retrieve those items even with the back area stuffed to the gills.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I now understand. I think the flat floor was to do away with needingthe fold out...but I see why you want a raised floor.

Good luck with the search, or fabbing something yourself

tomb1015

Reaction score
That worked great with my medium-sized dog in the back. I made a filler cover for the cup holder and she had the ability to walk, sit, and lie around safely. She wasn't so high she would have flown over the console, just enough to get her head above it.

I had a 2008 Ram with the fold flat and it was great for taking the dog, did you ever find a solution for the raised floor? I have been thinking about building something.

Daddio

Reaction score
Not yet. Based on others' inputs, I gave up on contacting the dealer.
I am thinking about trying to make a platform using those stiff, lightweight, rigid, foam insulation boards one can buy at a home store. I believe the 2" thick board may be just enough. If not, I'll glue another one on top; another 1 or 2 inches thick, depending... I figure I can cut out custom shapes for each of the left and right sides, glue some fabric onto them, and install them when needed. The only problem will be storing them in my crowded garage.
The old foldout floor would be way better!

clotagames

Reaction score
I miss the fold flat rear floor but I like the extra room in the rear seat area!

yoopie71

Reaction score
devildodge, I now have a 2019 1500 crew cab, Laramie, Sport. The fold out floor in my 2015 raised the rear floor height by a few inches. This let my dog see out the front window by looking over the console. She could also get her head above the rear doors to see out the windows. Today was her first ride in the new truck and she whined a lot, not being able to see outside. I know, first world problems. I was just hoping that, even though the floor lost the middle hump, I could still get the foldout and have it fit the 2019 floor. I'm thinking I'll have to fabricate something.
One other thing: The fold out floor left some convenient space underneath for smaller, short and long things. It was easy to retrieve those items even with the back area stuffed to the gills.
I too wished they had the option of the fold-flat floor. My husband drives a 2016 ram with that option and the dogs love it. It was something I looked for when I got my 2019 Ram but wasn't able to find one.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too wished they had the option of the fold-flat floor. My husband drives a 2016 ram with that option and the dogs love it. It was something I looked for when I got my 2019 Ram but wasn't able to find one.
This is as close to one I could find for the 5th Gen.

Users who are viewing this thread