5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to get Apple Carplay to display full screen instead of half screen?

Tallcane

Reaction score
Having the giant screen in the truck but only half of it being used for carplay bothers me a lot and I haven't been able to figure out if I can get it to display on the whole screen. If it can could someone tell me how or link a video that shows how.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Having the giant screen in the truck but only half of it being used for carplay bothers me a lot and I haven't been able to figure out if I can get it to display on the whole screen. If it can could someone tell me how or link a video that shows how.
Welcome to the forum, some additional details on your truck may help. That said, if your truck is pre 2022 and UConnect 5, there isn't a way to go full screen carplay that I am aware of

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 limited. I'm not sure what UConnect it is.
UConnect is the infotainment system (radio). The 19-21s have UConnect 4. The new system, UConnect 5 is in the 2022s and carplay displays full screen by default. It's a whole new system.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If only.

834k3r

Reaction score
Potentially OT here, but I'll mention it anyway. When taking a screen capture with your phone in CarPlay mode, the phone will take two screen grabs: one of your phone, the other of the CarPlay display (top half of the screen).

Users who are viewing this thread