5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to get a positive service experience anywhere?

alparmer

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my lower bumper. Dealer says it’s not covered under warranty because some chemical got on it. I only wash and wax with quality stuff. That part is the only area that has paint like that. I’m 100% sure the paint didn’t cure properly or was bad paint. I’m so pissed. It’s a new truck.

29152 29153

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my truck. I love the RAM brand, but it sounds like there is no finding good customer service from a service department anywhere. I guess I can expand my search past 30 miles (that had about 6 dealerships), but I'm guessing it won't change much.
Buy a dealership...you'll see great service, even if nobody else does.

(But seriously, I feel your pain, and I'm about to try a new dealership. The one I ordered from and have had all service visits with thus far is performing "average" at best, so I figure it's worth a shot.)

79 300

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my lower bumper. Dealer says it’s not covered under warranty because some chemical got on it. I only wash and wax with quality stuff. That part is the only area that has paint like that. I’m 100% sure the paint didn’t cure properly or was bad paint. I’m so pissed. It’s a new truck.

View attachment 29152 View attachment 29153
It almost looks like you were parked behind someone who started their car and it spit carbon and who knows what else onto your bumper. I have seen the same thing on garage doors from starting the car or truck in the garage. Some rubbing compound might take it off or at least lighten it up a bit.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
or whatever "protection" was put on the painted surface dripped down ..

EDIT: now that I look at it, it also appears to be on the paint .. was washer fluid or something overflowed onto it? That can stain if not wiped off soon enough.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Luckily for me, I do all my own service to it, unless it is a recal, or a warrantied part.. then I seek out reviews, and people in the communities comments... they used to have a rating system, called 5 star, but that got white washed and meaningless. just do your diligence and research then dealers... you also do not need to take it in, if you have all your receipts that work was done, and mileage...

RAM#2

Reaction score
Took my truck in to get the running boards that were part of my purchase deal installed at my local dealer.... While there I asked that they address the recent recall while they had it.
The next day I pulled in to pick up my truck, checked out the running boards, and was please with the results - minus the grease finger prints all over them from the installation efforts....

I went in, got my keys, jumped into my truck, started it up, and was greeted by various warning and caution notes/alarms telling me everything from my four wheel drive was failed, parking brakes were continually set, and a handful of other notices to include that my brakes were not calibrated...

I returned to the Service Department office and shared with them my findings and they got the technician out to my truck to see what was going on....

To keep this short - it seems that the young man failed to fully complete the recall and needed to take my truck back into the shop in order to finish it up.

I think it is safe to say that my truck was not his first failure as when he saw the lights/alarms/etc... he knew exactly what needed to be done to finish things up....

WOW!!!!!

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I call them swappers. One thing I’ve noticed is that typically country folk take more pride in their work than city folk.
Maybe not always however at the plant I’m at in a small NC town, theres a lot of personal pride being shown in a job done right, even if nobody else notices. You see it in the little things... not sure if that translates into small town car/truck repair or not but I’d bet it does.

krakenatwork

Reaction score
"Is there a way to get a positive service experience anywhere?"
Recipe:
- Live in a small village in a remote area.
- Go to school with future dealership owners (who are the sons of the local blacksmith/tractor shop's owner).
- become a teacher and teach all of their kids.

My mother did all of the above, and received stellar service from them always. They left her take a car from the village's dealership to the next city's dealership and get back with another (2X 50Km test drives in a same day...). Once when I was studying 900Km away, they came and blew an alternator on friday night. On saturday she called the owner and he sent an alternator on the overnight bus, saying "no need to pay 'till you're back". When I was a kid, the shop was open on saturday, so you could get minor jobs done or at least get the car running 'till you had an appointment. That's service.

Now I live in a rather large city and the service is less than stellar. Not necessarily bad, but barely average. Not a single shop is open on saturday, even for checkups.

Users who are viewing this thread