5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to fix the parking sensors? Not talking about turning them off and on.

seipel1892

Reaction score
I'm new to the Ram world. Always been a GM guy. But as soon as I drove my 2020 Ram a couple of months ago I was hooked. I love this truck. But I have one thing that really bothers me. If I pull into a parking spot, the front sensors will eventually start beeping alerting me that I am getting close to the vehicle parked in front of me. I'm OK with that. What I don't understand is why it continues to beep at me when I get back in and put it in reverse. Can the truck not figure out that I'm going to be going away from the danger? The same thing applies when I back up to something. If I'm in drive, you can stop beeping. I have Alfa OBD so if this is something I can change please let me know.

ramhouston

Reaction score
hmm i can see where you’re coming from. i guess it’s just a safety concern from Ram at the end of the day. 🤷‍♂️

rws1944

Reaction score
They are proximity sensors and will continue to beep so long as you are close to an object. Get far enough away and they will not beep. Putting the truck in reverse still leaves it close enough to pick up a potential hazard.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every vehicle with parking sensors does that. It's not a Ram exclusive

Users who are viewing this thread