5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to enable the backup/surround view camera when in Drive?

mhendo

Reaction score
My 2017 Limited used to allow activation fo the backup camera while in Drive, which I found helpful when pulling through a parking spot. It seems that on the 2022 MY that is only available in Reverse. Can it be updated to allow it in Drive? Thanks.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I am able to select "Back up camera" when going forward on my screen on the bottom row. I do it all the time when in Drive pulling into my garage to see when I am in all the way. I dont have the surround cameras, just the back up camera.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Your cameras (front & rear) should available, as long as your speed is < 5 MPH. And I use the Tazer DT so I can enable front, rear, or surround camera(s) at any speed.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2017 Limited used to allow activation fo the backup camera while in Drive, which I found helpful when pulling through a parking spot. It seems that on the 2022 MY that is only available in Reverse. Can it be updated to allow it in Drive? Thanks.

Worst case, pop it into R for a moment to activate the cams, then flip back to D.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
The Tazer will allow you to activate the camera using one of the cruise buttons. Drive or anytime.

Nick57

Reaction score
you should be able to turn it on at any speed. Mine allowed me to do so on my 18 and 21 does as well before I put the Tazer in it. It will only stay on for a short period of time though will in motion. :) All you have to do is click on the button for it and it should turn it on.

Users who are viewing this thread