5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way I can correct my speed adter switching to 22's?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's lots of tools out there; the Tazer DT is the general recommendation, for the price you get calibration and a whole set of other options.

on the note of MPG, do a couple searches or look at the 'whats new' tab and you'll see some active convos about how far off MPG is regardless of calibrated speed... but that's a whole other topic

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I would think that after your speed odometer is re-calibrated for 22' wheels, it shouldn't be a issue since Ram offers a 22' Rim & Tire option. The trucks calculated MPG would be fairly accurate, since the MPG computer & Speedometer work together. As a last resort, you probably could have the Dealer/Stealer do it, but it will cost you some $$$.

19ramsport

Reaction score
If the new overall tire diameter is the same as the stock size, then your speedometer should still be ok.

Tilter

Reaction score
Thanks all. It is showing different speed on my speedo than gps vs. with the old tires. The dealer says they can't do it but I will see if I can find one of these devices cheaply. SInce I don't want a tune it is really not worth it to me to spend the big bucks.

19ramsport

Reaction score
You can try the Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator programmer. It is pretty easy to use, part number 752504 works on the new 2019 Rams. You can also save money by buying a used one, but make sure to confirm with the owner that it was uninstalled as they become "vin locked" to the truck just like any other tuner/programmer.

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Just went with larger tires and my dealer will do an update for me for about $40. Have an appointment next week. They said as long as the tires aren't crazy big. Went with 275 65r20 from 275 55r20.

**Update: Just got back from the dealer and they couldn't do it. Went into the computer where it should be and there was nothing for them to adjust. They contacted Ram and we are waiting to hear back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online