5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a Service Bulletin for the rear window leak?

hoodac78

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,
Well, count my truck as one that developed the crack/leak in the rear window mold. I went to wash my truck yesterday and I noticed in my rear view mirror a drip of water. Upon further inspection, I noticed the crack and there was some water that had dripped onto the seat below. I made an appointment at the dealership for this coming Monday after reading through that massive 78 page thread.....lol. Anyway, I was curious if anyone is aware of a service bulletin from RAM that addresses this at all? I would like to be able to take some additional information into the dealership with me when I go if it is available. Thanks in advance

IMG_1720.jpg IMG_1721.jpg

Last edited:

hoodac78

Reaction score
After some surfing on the interwebs, I was able to find the attached STAR Publication. Thankfully my truck is still well within its full warranty so whatever they decide to do with it won't come out of my pocket.

Attachments

• STAR Online Publication - Water Leak Rear of Cab Rear Seat or Headliner.pdf
    304.9 KB · Views: 134

johncode

Reaction score
After some surfing on the interwebs, I was able to find the attached STAR Publication. Thankfully my truck is still well within its full warranty so whatever they decide to do with it won't come out of my pocket.
I just had mine in for the 3rd break light leak. They tried the we can’t replicate it but showed the the attachment you found. Fixed right after.

hoodac78

Reaction score
So I took my truck in this morning. I showed the service advisor the STAR and he asked which one it was for....the antenna, the light or the window? I said "the window". He said ok....there won't be anything he can do about it today...he needs to call Chrysler and get it approved and order a new window. Judging by his response, I asked him if he had seen a few trucks with this issue. He was wearing a mask, but I could see the smirk underneath and he moved his eyes from side to side and said, "Maybe........including my own". We had a bit of a laugh over it, but I've never had that response from a Service Advisor before. It makes me think that this is a very prevalent problem. I'm sure you all have reached that conclusion as well based on the lengthy threads on this forum. Anyway, I hope the new part solves the problem and it doesn't reoccur.
On a side note, I'm going to get my brakes fixed as well. I mentioned they squeal from time to time going in reverse when its really cold out. He knew exactly what I was talking about and said he would order the parts for that too.

Ridge164

Reaction score
Anybody had any luck with the rear window leak affecting the RFC module? Currently key fab doesn't work. The truck won't turn over.

Users who are viewing this thread