5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the light bar above the upper glove box supposed to always be on ?

yellowboy

Reaction score
I have had my 19 Limited about 2 1/2 months now and all of a sudden I just noticed one night that there is a small light bar above the upper glove box that was on with box closed. I never noticed it before. Is that part of the ambient lighting ? I think it just started working on its own.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had my 19 Limited about 2 1/2 months now and all of a sudden I just noticed one night that there is a small light bar above the upper glove box that was on with box closed. I never noticed it before. Is that part of the ambient lighting ? I think it just started working on its own.

Yes, and you can control the brightness via the left dimmer control next to your light switch. It's possible you had it turned down all this time. It also controls the other light bars (3, I think - across the dash) as well as the footwell lights.

yellowboy

Reaction score
Thanks I should have said when truck is on I think it's a distraction. I don't mind floor light but I really don't need to see anything on the dash but my gauges

Rick J

Reaction score
I'm lost :( I've never noticed any light bar in my Limited. I just went out to my truck, started it with the lights on (it is dark outside) and then moved the ambient light control all the way up and down. The only lights I saw that changed were in the lower doors/footwells. I don't have any light bar on the dash or above the second glove box. What am I missing or doing wrong.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm lost :( I've never noticed any light bar in my Limited. I just went out to my truck, started it with the lights on (it is dark outside) and then moved the ambient light control all the way up and down. The only lights I saw that changed were in the lower doors/footwells. I don't have any light bar on the dash or above the second glove box. What am I missing or doing wrong.
It may not be functioning. Mine worked fine everywhere, except on the area above the glovebox, which the dealer replaced last year and it’s been great since.

Here are the before & after pics:

Before (factory):

F92B799F-1CBC-48B2-BBCF-AE35D4FF79C9.jpeg

After:

1FEF64CC-7452-4826-8B07-1BACF8FAD994.jpeg

yellowboy

Reaction score
That's why I posted this thread I played with my dimmer several times and it never worked last week it comes on. It wouldn't bother me if it stopped working again !

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
That's why I posted this thread I played with my dimmer several times and it never worked last week it comes on. It wouldn't bother me if it stopped working again !
You bet man. Take it in and have dealer fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread