5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the diesel leaving?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anything is possible with a little time and money. Wouldn't be hard to build a trailer with some extra batteries and a thick enough guage harness to connect to tow vehicle for extended range. Would have to figure out the weight to range increase to maximize it. Too many batteries might add enough weight to not make it worth it
I can just see the future threads now:
"I have a 12,000 lb trailer with a 2,000 lb auxiliary battery where the propane tanks go. The Ram website says I can tow 11,200 lbs. Everything will be ok, right?"

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t have official numbers just yet….but if that’s true, it sucks.

You can keep the hemi engine with some minor tweaks…and just make the car more light weight and that will increase mpg alone.

I’m all for electric engine over any turbo engine. With turbos, your just adding an boosted element that just won’t last as long as non boosted application. Good for short term, bad long term for cost of replacement. But that’s just me.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)
I'm sure the Cummins guys would disagree about longevity

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
This is disappointing news. I finally get what I want in a truck and they discontinue it. I had a 2020 Rebel with a hemi and traded it for a 22 Rebel with the eco diesel. Went from 17mpg to 26mpg on my work commute, single digits to 14mpg pulling the camper and 10 to 18 mpgs pulling the boat. My only disappointment with the new truck is I didn't get the big fuel tank. Now that I will be keeping this truck forever, I think I will go ahead with some upgrades, big fuel tank and power folding tow mirrors to start.

Users who are viewing this thread