5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Big Horn Sport Option Discontinued

pensfan

Reaction score
I was looking at the Build and Price along with the NADA pricing site. The Big Horn Sport package is not shown as an option on either site. NADA says it was discontinued 10/6. The Sport pak is still available on the Laramie but that vehicle is 1000's more.
This can't be chip related. It seems like a way to get more $$$ out of buyers.
As it is, both the Sport and Night Edition should actually cost less since there is no chrome involved. If you price black replacement badges, etc, they are always less cost than chrome.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
When I bought my truck in November, the local dealer tried to order a Big Horn with Sport Appearance Package (which I insisted upon, I really like the monochromatic front and rear end), and he said that package was no longer available.

I did a search using the Ram website and found my Ram 100 miles away, the dealer there was happy to deliver to my front door free, price was good, that's how I got my Sport look Ram.

I would have preferred to order it exactly how I wanted the truck, but could not do that. Don't know why Ram dropped that option :cautious:

Dave

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a Harley I put way too much chrome on. I am glad I could get a truck without it.

Guess that's one way to sell more Laramies....

HemiDude

Reaction score
Amazing that they have eliminated that from the Big Horn, wonder why. On the flip side, I guess it might make my Sport worth more if I trade it in :D

atvrider

Reaction score
I had trouble with that too. Tried to order a Bighorn 1500 w/Sport package at local dealer on 11/27/2021 and couldn't order it with Sport package. Dealer said wait for allocations in December and bear with us. So tried order 12/17 and was able to order a bighorn w/sport package VIN issued 12/29. Dealer had 4 bighorns on lot w/sport package 2 w/ecodiesels test drove one of these awesome never know how nice a pickup could be. No build sheet yet will keep y'all posted on how order goes

atvrider

Reaction score
I looked at NADA pricing site a couple weeks ago & sure enough showed it was discontinued. Looked
again yesterday & looks like the Sport package is now available. Ram hasn't updated their site yet

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
Wasting a little time yesterday looking at the Ram site and saw that Sport Option now shows for Laramie (but not Big Horn).

Dave

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
Guess I'll be hanging onto my Bighorn for a while. Was considering a Laramie but they dropped the quad cab option
Same! I ended up ordering a Quad Big Horn. Maybe they'll bring back the Quad Laramie, but I am beginning to think no

atvrider

Reaction score
Got build sheet yesterday. Has Sport Appearance package on it as ordered. Patriot blue. Was ordered 12/17/21

atvrider

Reaction score
Nice! These look so cool in the sun. looks just about like mine. Yours with hemi 3:92 4x2 quad cab i'm sure it will run real quick. Mine with ecodiesel has lots of torque pulls a trailer good.

U

User_3336

I didn't really care for the 20's and those shiny wheels, but all the configurations the dealer ordered had that option. No 18's with the alum wheels. Got such a good deal, the extra savings sorta negated the wheel cost.

I would have loved to had the midnight edition wheels on that truck. That would have looked awesome.

Grimgreg

Reaction score
I didn't really care for the 20's and those shiny wheels, but all the configurations the dealer ordered had that option. No 18's with the alum wheels. Got such a good deal, the extra savings sorta negated the wheel cost.

I would have loved to had the midnight edition wheels on that truck. That would have looked awesome.
One nice part of the Back Country, black aluminum 18s.

U

User_3336

One nice part of the Back Country, black aluminum 18s.
I tried to get the sales manager to sell me the night edition wheels off a night edition, and he could keep the chrome wheels, but he didn't go for it. (he could have took the $1,000 and repurchased the wheels to put back on the night edition)

Scram1500

Reaction score
I tried to get the sales manager to sell me the night edition wheels off a night edition, and he could keep the chrome wheels, but he didn't go for it. (he could have took the $1,000 and repurchased the wheels to put back on the night edition)
I had my chrome 20s swapped for painted 18s from a Tradesman or another Bighorn, not really sure. They made out as my sale price still included 20s and pretty sure they raised the price of the donor vehicle. I retrospect I should have taken the truck as is and checked out eBay

Users who are viewing this thread