5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the back window glass (not rear side) tinted from the factory?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Hi all,
Will be tinting my Ram soon. I know the rear side windows have a default 20% tint from the factory, but does anyone know if the back glass is also tinted? If so, is it also 20%?

I’m trying to decide what percentage tint to use, and want to make sure everything matches.
Thanks!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, the rear window is also tinted. It appears to be close to 20%. I added 20% tint to my driver and passenger side windows and they are a close match to the factory tint.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 50

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually just tell them factory match it. I also re tint the back with the same 'match'. Has the effect of making the front not look so dark, where in NY everything is illegal.

U

User_3336

Aren't the rear windows just "colored glass", and really not tinted?

jastevenson

Reaction score
Aren't the rear windows just "colored glass", and really not tinted?
Correct, the factory “tint” is just privacy glass, which doesn’t have the UV and infrared blocking quality of aftermarket tint film. But from a darkness perspective, it is like a 20% tint film.

dandar

Reaction score
I've had 20% in the front for a year now but looking to get that removed and replaced with 35%. I don't see chit out those windows at night. Almost ran a pedestrian over. I did't see her walk onto the road as I was turning right until she appeared in my windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread