5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the 2021 Laramie Interior Real Leather?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Rebel and Laramie seats really don't have anything in common, except maybe the seat frames. The Rebel seats contain no leather unless you have the Rebel 12 or Rebel 12A package, which come with the luxury leather bucket seats. Otherwise they are a mix of cloth and vinyl. Even the bolstering is different between Laramie and Rebel seats.

traveller09

Reaction score
The Rebel and Laramie seats really don't have anything in common, except maybe the seat frames. The Rebel seats contain no leather unless you have the Rebel 12 or Rebel 12A package, which come with the luxury leather bucket seats. Otherwise they are a mix of cloth and vinyl. Even the bolstering is different between Laramie and Rebel seats.
Thanks for the feedback. I was referring to the top trim level in each the Laramie and Rebel both with leather. My wife and I sat in both (also the Limited) and to be fair we couldn't tell much difference between the Rebel and Laramie from a seat comfort or quality of leather standpoint. I thought the Laramie was slightly more comfortable she thought the Rebel was a little better. The Limited was clearly a nicer seat but neither of us thought it was more comfortable. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I was referring to the top trim level in each the Laramie and Rebel both with leather. My wife and I sat in both (also the Limited) and to be fair we couldn't tell much difference between the Rebel and Laramie from a seat comfort or quality of leather standpoint. I thought the Laramie was slightly more comfortable she thought the Rebel was a little better. The Limited was clearly a nicer seat but neither of us thought it was more comfortable. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
No worries. I just wanted to clarify for people who aren't aware that the Rebel doesn't come with leather seats unless you get one of the two packages I listed. I haven't seen a Rebel with leather seats in person, so I can't give an opinion on that. When I was shopping for a truck I was trying to decide between the Rebel with the Rebel 12 package, or the Laramie with the ORG. Went with the Laramie for the simple fact that it has ventilated seats and you can't get them in a Rebel.

AllenRam

Reaction score
After seeing a Limited in person and owning one for a number of years, it's a night and day difference between the quality of leather in the Limited and everything else. It's not only all leather, but a better quality of leather. I'd rank it over BMW's (I used to own a 3 series). The Rebel "luxury leather' is not as good, and is only on the seating surfaces. It doesn't cover the sides and back of the seats. The middle seat in back is all vinyl. It sucks that I really want a Rebel but there's no option to get 100% leather on a truck that costs over $50K.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
After seeing a Limited in person and owning one for a number of years, it's a night and day difference between the quality of leather in the Limited and everything else. It's not only all leather, but a better quality of leather. I'd rank it over BMW's (I used to own a 3 series). The Rebel "luxury leather' is not as good, and is only on the seating surfaces. It doesn't cover the sides and back of the seats. The middle seat in back is all vinyl. It sucks that I really want a Rebel but there's no option to get 100% leather on a truck that costs over $50K.
You're not wrong. I'm disappointed with the leather in my Laramie. And it seems to be only leather in the perforated middle sections of the seats. The rest is either vinyl, fake suede, or some other synthetic (leatherette or pleather). The leather in the wife's Limited is much better, and there's a lot more of it. There's always the aftermarket, such as Katskin. I can have all seats recovered in leather for less than $2000 including installation.

AllenRam

Reaction score
Mike, After looking at the great pics from Katzkin customers, I'll probably build out a Rebel and then add the Katzkin leather afterwards.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Don’t forget the Laramie gets reclining rear seats and the rebel doesn’t. If you frequently have rear passengers you might want the rear recline. The Rebel back seats are slightly too upright for my 9 and 12 year old kids. Either way the interiors in these trucks are the best out there, no matter what trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread