5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is removing the active air dam & active grille shutters worth it???

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are the benefits if there are any of removing the active air dam and active grille shutters?

U

User_3336

Keeps water temps down a little bit, that's about the only advantage.

On an 18, I removed all but two of the slats after seeing water temps approach 228, After a little better airflow, never seen above 208.

In the warmer weather, you can just put the A/C on Max Recirc and the shutters will stay open all the time

Snakes709

Reaction score
Keeps water temps down a little bit, that's about the only advantage.

On an 18, I removed all but two of the slats after seeing water temps approach 228, After a little better airflow, never seen above 208.

In the warmer weather, you can just put the A/C on Max Recirc and the shutters will stay open all the time

on the other side of that, if you live in cold climate, you can have issues with water temps being to low If you remove them. In the case of my wifes equinox, it went into limp mode and lost all power because we drove from Edmonton to Las Vegas back to Edmonton in march. Because of us going from cold to hot back to cold climate it built up condensation in turbo system and ****ed the boost solenoid up. Dealership upgraded the shutters to the new, better design to help prevent that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online