5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Readylift worth the extra money?

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
I know this is a subjective question but I am like everyone else on this forum going to level out my Ram and was wondering if the ReadyLift spacers 66-1030 are worth the extra 88 dollars over the Motofab DR-2. My plan is to also swap in the Mopar UCA's that come in their 2" lift kit and that 88 dollars almost covers the 100.00 it will cost to purchase them.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this is a subjective question but I am like everyone else on this forum going to level out my Ram and was wondering if the ReadyLift spacers 66-1030 are worth the extra 88 dollars over the Motofab DR-2. My plan is to also swap in the Mopar UCA's that come in their 2" lift kit and that 88 dollars almost covers the 100.00 it will cost to purchase them.

I'm assuming you are talking about the top hat spacer that mounts on top of the strut. There really is no difference in them, the Motofab and the Readylift will both hold up perfectly fine. As far as the control arms go, the Mopar ones are fine as long as you are only going with a 2" spacer, maybe 2.5." Also, do you have the offroad package? If so, that already added an extra inch and so the Mopar control arms won't be good enough. If that's the case, you'll want to go with the Readylift control arms, as they are designed to accommodate the extra lift.

XDBrad

Reaction score
IMO, a spacer is a spacer and any one of them being either a preload spacer or strut spacer will hold up just fine. UCAs on the other hand, I think you get what you pay for - especially when it’s my family involved.

Like ksn240 asked, do you have the ORP? If so the 2-2 1/2 strut spacer WILL max out the ball joint in a stock UCA. In th picture below, I have the ORP with the 2” Readylift strut spacer installed and the ball joint is binding at full droop. I would guess it wouldn’t take much to make the joint separate if you truly got it in a bind.
A36F9D47-A7DD-4F52-891D-B1D070D01179.jpeg

If you don’t have the ORG, others say you can use the spacers without new UCAs and by my experiment I’d say they are probably right but are at the maximum lift for the stock ball joint.

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, no ORP, the only thing I am waiting on now is to see once SEMA is over if any one comes out with a shock assembly that is a reasonable price.

Users who are viewing this thread