5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my system getting updates

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't see the update process, nor did I 'approve' an update.. but when I got in my truck yesterday all my presets were gone. :mad:
Radio or SXM presets?

I've had my SXM presets disappear randomly and they either come back after a few key cycles otherwise I will log into my SXM account and have a 'reset' signal sent to my radio and within a couple of hours everything's back.

LV426

Reaction score
Are you sure it was an actual update? When I did the update I never lost anything. Everything was the exact same as before. In fact, I dont even know what the update actually updated because nothing appears different and everything is normal
Its not really a matter of wanting them, they are needed. They're not supposed to break things but improve them and keep compatibility up with things like Android auto, SiriusXM, etc...

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Its not really a matter of wanting them, they are needed. They're not supposed to break things but improve them and keep compatibility up with things like Android auto, SiriusXM, etc...
Never said it was a matter of wanting the updates. I know why they need to be updated. Was just stating that I would've never noticed anything got updated if I didnt have to hit "ok" to start the update

LV426

Reaction score
Never said it was a matter of wanting the updates. I know why they need to be updated. Was just stating that I would've never noticed anything got updated if I didnt have to hit "ok" to start the update
Sorry, you are correct... I misread from my phone, getting harder to see on the damn thing.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure it was an actual update? When I did the update I never lost anything. Everything was the exact same as before. In fact, I dont even know what the update actually updated because nothing appears different and everything is normal
No clue, just know my sat radio presets disappeared and that never happened before.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
No clue, just know my sat radio presets disappeared and that never happened before.
Yeah I dont know what to tell you. I dont use satellite radio so I never checked that but everything else was good. Were you able to reprogram your stations at least or is there a problem with the radio

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I dont know what to tell you. I dont use satellite radio so I never checked that but everything else was good. Were you able to reprogram your stations at least or is there a problem with the radio
Yeah, I was able to reprogram them as if it was a brand-new truck. (y)

ram813ltd

Reaction score
wouldn't ya know they decide to make a major update with uconnect 2022 and i bought a 2021.
only thing i would like is full screen android auto and wireless. i dont use siriusxm even tho its free and navigation SUX

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/