5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my system getting updates

jassim

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
My Ram is equipped with the 12' screen and I have never received any notifications that my Uconnect did or is about to do an OTA update. I check the website and put in the VIN and it says my system is up to date. So far the only update that I know about is when the dealership did my Amp update. apologies if this is in an older post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I’ve read that only the 2021 trucks are getting over the air updates. I haven’t gotten updates either.

You can check your software version by pressing the bottom two function buttons on your display at the same time, In my case it’s the media and backup camera button.

LV426

Reaction score
Apparently the website always states "Up to date", even when its not... 2020's seem to not get updates and Uconnect is useless with support/details as to why.

RamVetUSMC

Reaction score
Just purchased my truck 2 weeks ago so, new to this site as well. What's the URL for the website to check for OTA updates?

Thanks!

LV426

Reaction score
Just purchased my truck 2 weeks ago so, new to this site as well. What's the URL for the website to check for OTA updates?

Thanks!

It'll tell you that you are up to date even if its not from what I understand.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
uConnect 4 has reached the end of its production life and is now a legacy system.

While it's not obsolete and a bajillion of us are using it, uConnect 5 is the current iteration of on-board software. Add the fact that it's a complete re-do instead of adding to what was already there in uC4 so there's no retro benefit for us uC4 people as it is not compatible with ours (software or hardware).

I would not expect much more than some patches to fix issues that are a hindrance (e.g. blue screen of death, frozen screen, etc.) and not address some of the annoyances that don't affect any safety or operation actions. It took over 2 years before I got my first update. I've had a couple this year and I don't really expect many more now that uC5 has hit the streets for RAM.

Just my .02

LV426

Reaction score
That's disappointing... Went with the 12" thinking it was the latest and greatest assuming it would be fully supported for several years because of how they where marketing this truck. Seeing that they bailed on it already should be a warning to uC5 owners.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 12" is the latest and greatest. It was a heavy tax on the uC4 system to operate it which is why some of the features were curtailed that others have (vehicle health report, fewer SXM favorites).

uC5 will be able to handle running the 12" tablet much better so it should be a better overall product starting with the '22 trucks. It's great to have a big high resolution TV in your living room but if you have a crappy wi-fi signal (uC4) it's not going to be as cool as a high-speed direct cable hookup (uC5).

Not long ago I had a nice TV. It would play my old DVDs just fine. When I finally upgraded to a nice high-scale (UHD) TV my DVDs looked like garbage on the new TV (even maxing out the upscaling on my DVD/Blu-Ray player) so I had to scrap all of my DVDs. You can only upgrade parts so much until you have to re-establish a baseline. I feel that's what Stellantis did with the 12" screen. They rushed to get the 12" out for the 'all-new' 5th gen in 2019 even though uC4 wasn't designed around running a split-screen tablet.

I look at it this way: uC3 was SD, uC4 is HD, and uC5 is UHD.

**Update: Corrected uC5 release to '22 MY**

Last edited:

RamVetUSMC

Reaction score
uConnect 4 has reached the end of its production life and is now a legacy system.

While it's not obsolete and a bajillion of us are using it, uConnect 5 is the current iteration of on-board software. Add the fact that it's a complete re-do instead of adding to what was already there in uC4 so there's no retro benefit for us uC4 people as it is not compatible with ours (software or hardware).

I would not expect much more than some patches to fix issues that are a hindrance (e.g. blue screen of death, frozen screen, etc.) and not address some of the annoyances that don't affect any safety or operation actions. It took over 2 years before I got my first update. I've had a couple this year and I don't really expect many more now that uC5 has hit the streets for RAM.

Just my .02
Newbie here.... I've searched around for the answer, but now luck. Do I have a uC4 or Uc5?

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I just bought my 21 at the end of June and I got 1 update a few weeks ago.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't see the update process, nor did I 'approve' an update.. but when I got in my truck yesterday all my presets were gone. :mad:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I didn't see the update process, nor did I 'approve' an update.. but when I got in my truck yesterday all my presets were gone. :mad:
Are you sure it was an actual update? When I did the update I never lost anything. Everything was the exact same as before. In fact, I dont even know what the update actually updated because nothing appears different and everything is normal

Users who are viewing this thread