5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my MGU bad? Or is it just a battery or something else?

maxweenus

Reaction score
Hey folks, long time lurker - never poster.
'22 Ram 1500 etorque.
Today, while at a stoplight (auto stop start engaged) I went to move at the green light and the truck didnt respond. Without full clarity of recollection (panic), and with a bit of clunkiness I got the truck to move after about 10 seconds - turned off ignition and then on, and the first few seconds felt like a lack of power.
My electronic stability control warning came on saying to service- and then also to service the stop/start. Ugh.
A few more moments of driving and I got a low battery voltage warning. Fortunately I was at my destination, parked the truck and collected myself.
The battery voltage was reading 11.6 and red. I was worried I wouldn't be able to start the truck ...but when I came out an hour later truck started and operated with no issues.
I watched the battery on the drive home and it was normal between 13.9 and 14.3 volts the whole way.

Supposed to take the fam away this weekend so my questions are:
Is this a MGU issues?
A battery issues?
A single event anomaly?
Is it safe to drive a relatively long (4hr) trip?

Thanks all!

PS- of course my dealer said "idk, you've got to bring it in....and next appointment is in 2 weeks....and we dont have loaners" grrrr.

roysmith

Reaction score
Hey folks, long time lurker - never poster.
'22 Ram 1500 etorque.
Today, while at a stoplight (auto stop start engaged) I went to move at the green light and the truck didnt respond. Without full clarity of recollection (panic), and with a bit of clunkiness I got the truck to move after about 10 seconds - turned off ignition and then on, and the first few seconds felt like a lack of power.
My electronic stability control warning came on saying to service- and then also to service the stop/start. Ugh.
A few more moments of driving and I got a low battery voltage warning. Fortunately I was at my destination, parked the truck and collected myself.
The battery voltage was reading 11.6 and red. uno online. I was worried I wouldn't be able to start the truck ...but when I came out an hour later truck started and operated with no issues.
I watched the battery on the drive home and it was normal between 13.9 and 14.3 volts the whole way.

Supposed to take the fam away this weekend so my questions are:
Is this a MGU issues?
A battery issues?
A single event anomaly?
Is it safe to drive a relatively long (4hr) trip?

Thanks all!

PS- of course my dealer said "idk, you've got to bring it in....and next appointment is in 2 weeks....and we dont have loaners" grrrr.
As I know, there was a recall for etorque. Did you check it with your service team?

Users who are viewing this thread