5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is leveling worth it as a highway queen?

Jack.

Reaction score
Im considering leveling my truck with a decent shock\suspension upgrade (either bilstein 6112 or fox 2.0). Im not really looking to go crazy with the heights, maybe just the front for about 2" so it just level out. Only issues is i have heard the ride experience on leveled truck is horrible and it isnt as smooth as stocks and will only really be worth it if you are offroading.

Just want some input on whether it would even be worth it to level out mine? Also heard your fuel economy tanks too, but im not sure if its going to be that crazy seeing how it isnt that big of a lift.

If these shocks\suspension would improve my overall ride ill pull the trigger on them but if one of the only benefit is bigger tires i may reconsider haha

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im considering leveling my truck with a decent shock\suspension upgrade (either bilstein 6112 or fox 2.0). Im not really looking to go crazy with the heights, maybe just the front for about 2" so it just level out. Only issues is i have heard the ride experience on leveled truck is horrible and it isnt as smooth as stocks and will only really be worth it if you are offroading.

Just want some input on whether it would even be worth it to level out mine? Also heard your fuel economy tanks too, but im not sure if its going to be that crazy seeing how it isnt that big of a lift.

If these shocks\suspension would improve my overall ride ill pull the trigger on them but if one of the only benefit is bigger tires i may reconsider haha

If you go with a puck style level and larger tires then you can notice a difference from stock. Some people say otherwise but most of the complaints I see come from preload spacers and sometimes top hat spacers. Once you go to bigger tires you often get a different load rating which is stiffer.

I haven't went to larger tires yet and my level feels no different than stock and I'd say it arguably feels better. No need to go with an expensive setup if you're never going off road. The cheaper Bilsteins or Eibachs would suffice and you can still get larger tires if you so desire.

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100 front level with 33 tires and rides just like stock. Added hellwig sway bar and feels even better then stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

I used the Rough Country Leveling system and put larger springs in the back with out any inserts in the back.
it seems to ride fine to me, but its hard to say as I did it two days after i received my truck, so i really have no big compare the difference.

EJ84

Reaction score
Bilstein 5100 front level with 33 tires and rides just like stock. Added hellwig sway bar and feels even better then stock.

Do you mind posting some pictures?

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Do you mind posting some pictures?

b8e71324d02cf25c23639bdeb85b9072.jpg

EJ84

Reaction score
That looks great. That’s only bilstein’s up front?

EJ84

Reaction score
Did you Notice a big hit on mileage? Is that on setting 5?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leveling isn’t really an on or off road thing, it’s an appearance thing ….. Bils give what most people describe as a “better” ride …. More stable and planted …. Stock ride is more plush and floaty … As mentioned above, you lose ride quality when you get into the E load tires …. I had em on my 2012, and didn’t mind them at all ….

Ever_Garza

Reaction score
Did you Notice a big hit on mileage? Is that on setting 5?

Not really. And 5 or 6 I forgot. I had someone install it for me. I told them just to make it as level as they could lol. I would do the same setup all over again.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leveling isn’t really an on or off road thing, it’s an appearance thing ….. Bils give what most people describe as a “better” ride …. More stable and planted …. Stock ride is more plush and floaty … As mentioned above, you lose ride quality when you get into the E load tires …. I had em on my 2012, and didn’t mind them at all ….

This may be true for most people, but there are a lot of people that level the front specifically to gain more ground clearance for going off road.

I leveled my 2013 Express using bilsteins and could not tell a difference in the ride. I leveled my 2019 Using maxstar 1-1/2” top spacer and again it didn’t change the ride at all.

When I got my 2021 Ecodiesel it had the off road group and I could tell the difference in ride immediately from my 2019 with std suspension. The off road group is a bit stiffer but feels more planted, I liked it a lot and ended up leaving it alone.

EJ84

Reaction score
Any chance you have a pic from the side? What size tires? Sorry for all the questions

EJ84

Reaction score
Sorry should have been more clear, I was asking ever_garza.
Also at setting 5 should I replace the UCA with the ones from the Mopar lift?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread