5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it safe to connect a trickle charger to the 12v battery with etorque system?

Jake1050

Reaction score
When I'm working on my truck and need to have the doors open or other draws on the battery for long periods of time or just not driving the truck for a few weeks at a time ( I have a motorcycle ). I like to connect the 12 volt battery to a trickle charger.
When looking at this 5.7 etorque electrical system and its very complex 12V and 48V system along with a large electric motor generator and the lithium ion battery on the back wall, I was wondering if there is any problem with connecting just the 12V battery to the trickle charger?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question It's just that this whole system seems very complicated from what I'm used to.

RickWaz

Reaction score
Mine Ram Limited is a 2020, purchased in 2019 and has fewer than 24K miles on it, i.e., NOT driven for weeks at a time. I've been using the NOCO GENIUS2D (Direct-Mount Onboard Charger, 12V Battery Charger, Battery Maintainer) since early 2020 w/o issues. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread