5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to lock the truck, while the engine is running, from the outside?

HomlessBound

Reaction score
Looking at a Laramie or Limited - so it has the keyless entry.

Is it possible to drive somewhere, get out, and lock the truck, while it keeps running? Any timers or anything that's going to turn it off?

Thanks.

Caballonegro

Reaction score
If you self start it with the key fob it will lock and run for I think 15 minutes.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at a Laramie or Limited - so it has the keyless entry.

Is it possible to drive somewhere, get out, and lock the truck, while it keeps running? Any timers or anything that's going to turn it off?

Thanks.
Should be good to go until you run out of gas ;)

swarggs

Reaction score
The answer is yes. You can exit a running vehicle with the fob on you and lock the vehicle either with the button on the door handle or by pressing the lock button on the fob. I do this all the time when dropping my child off at day care on cold mornings. It will never shut itself off unless its running off of the remote start.

Cortesio

Reaction score
I do it all the time when it’s cold out. I take the fob with me, lock the door with the button on the handle, and leave it running while I run into a gas station or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swarggs

Reaction score
Side note: Make sure you actually lock the doors. IDK if you guys have noticed this, but if the vehicle is started and then the fob leaves the vehicle you can still drive the truck. It'll give you a warning that the fob has left the truck, but still lets you shift to drive. So don't worry, the truck is def. not smarter than you are.

Users who are viewing this thread