5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to get the 2022 software flash on the 2019 head unit

Wasy152

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited and love the car to death. I did check out the new 2022 model, and noticed that the car had a red light and speed camera warning on the navy screen when I was driving in town which was awesome. Graphics and new layout are great too. Was wondering if it's possible to flash an update or newer uconnect version to get it?

Last edited:

Crotalus

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited and love the car to death. I did check out the new 2022 model, and noticed that the car had a red light and speed camera warning on the navy screen when I was driving in town which was awesome. Graphics and new layout are great too. Was wondering if it's possible to flash an update or newer uconnect version to get it?

Also interested. 2019 rebel with 12” Uconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I want to know too.

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2021 RAM 3500 Blackout Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL
2021 Luxe Elite 42FL
2022 Grand Design Solitude 380FL-R
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L-Summit

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As HSKR R/T already said , it's not just software but the hardware is also different . I'd like to know if we can change the head unit and corresponding software into the 2021's and older Rams .
It should be possible on paper .

GordonBennett

Reaction score
If you have the original head unit and have the original software flash on it, then yes you can update it to the 2022 software flash. You will need to purchase a new flash cable (since the one that came with your head unit is for another year). You will also need a new battery since there is no way to upgrade the one that came with your car. One of my friends wants me to read more about the best cv writing service uk online so that I could hire the best writer for my CV.

Last edited:

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
good news is YES...you can upgrade a Uconnect 4 to a 5....the bad news is...it'll cost between $50K -$70K depending on trim level...

Users who are viewing this thread